Create a new User Profile to replace a corrupted one in Google Chrome
Are you dealing with the problem of corrupted user profile in Google Chrome? Do you want to create a new user profile to have a better access to the information that you might have in your account? Well, our quick and easy solution steps available below can help you deal with issue rather easily.
Whenever your user profile becomes corrupted, you receive an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted. To repair your profile, you then need to create a new user profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one. To create a new profile, you can follow our instructions mentioned below and make the changes at the comfort of your home, office or home office. Here’s how you can do it.
The steps below are applicable for both Windows 7 and Windows XP operating system.
The solution to the problem
The steps to create a new User Profile to replace a corrupted one in Google Chrome on Windows 7 and Windows XP-based PC are as follows:
- Click on “Start” and then type “%localappdata%GoogleChromeUser (space) Data” in the run box and then press “Enter”
- Rename the Default folder as Backup.
- Move the Backup folder from the User Data folder up one level to the Chrome folder.
- Close the window, then open “Google Chrome” and then close it.
- Click on “Start” and then click “Run” again
- Click on “Start” again and then type “%localappdata%GoogleChromeUser (space) Data” in the run box and then press “Enter”
Now you can see the new user profile folder that has been created.
Once you create a new user profile to replace a corrupted one in Google Chrome on Windows 7 and Windows XP -based PC, you can access your important files and information on your user account.