Typically, you would have added a computer name while installing your Windows XP-based PC. However, if the spelling was incorrectly put in or you are a second owner to your PC and the name of the first owner is still present, you can easily change the computer name and update it. To do so, you will have to follow a few simple steps. Don’t worry if you have never attempted this task. Here are the steps mentioned below and you can refer to them and easily complete the task. However, do not miss to restart the computer (it is mentioned below when you have to) or else the changes will not take effect.
The easy step solution to the above issue is as:
1. Click the ‘Start’ button, right-click on ‘Computer’, and then click on ‘Properties’.
2. Click on the ‘Computer Name’ tab, and then click on the ‘Change’ button.
3. Under the Computer name, delete the old computer name and type the new name.
4. Click ‘OK’ and then click on ‘OK’ again.
5. Click ‘OK’ to close the System Properties window.
6. Click on ‘Yes’ to restart your computer.
7. After your computer reboots, you can check the computer name which you have just changed.
On your Windows XP-based PC you can easily do tasks such as change the computer name, add a description, and so on. If you too need to get such a task done, you can follow the simple steps mentioned above and conveniently do it.