Do you know what a distribution list is or how to create it in Microsoft Outlook 2007? Well, a distribution list also called groups is nothing but a collection of electronic contacts that can help you to send out mass e-mail messages to a large group all in one attempt. By creating a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can send e-mail messages, meeting requests, task requests, notices, etc. to all the recipients as mentioned in the list.
A distribution list contains the e-mail addresses of everyone in the list and provides easy way to send e-mail messages to a group of people at a same time. For example, you can create a distribution list with a name Marketing Team and add the e-mail addresses of everyone in that list to send bulk messages as and when you want.
You can easily create a distribution list in the Microsoft Outlook 2007 with the help of our quick and easy solution mentioned right below the article. So, if you want to create your own private list of e-mail addresses in Microsoft Outlook 2007 then our solution steps can help you do that with the help of Distribution List feature in Outlook. You can simply go through our DIY solution steps mentioned below and make the changes as required at the comfort of your home, office, or home office. So, here’s how you can create a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook 2007 on your Windows Vista based computer.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows Vista:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2007.
2. Click “Tools” on the menu bar and then select “Address Book” from the drop down list.
3. Click the list below Address Book, and then select “Contacts”.
4. In the “File” menu, click on “New Entry”.
5. Under “Select the entry type”, click “New Distribution List”.
6. Under “Put this Entry”, select “Contacts”. This selection determines where your new distribution list is saved. This is the default location.
7. Click “OK”. Your new distribution list is now set to be saved in the Contacts folder, and an untitled distribution list form opens. At this point, you can begin adding contacts to your new distribution list.
By creating a distribution list in Microsoft Outlook 2007, you can easily send messages to a group all in one attempt. So, what are you waiting for? Start browsing our solution steps mentioned above and makes the changes at your convenience