You are opening your PC after a long time and forget your password. Now, how are you going to start your computer with new password? Well, it’s easy! All you need to do is create a password reset disk and access your computer like you did before.
The password reset disk feature helps you to create a new one, so you don’t lose access to your files and information. A password reset disk can only be used for local user accounts, so if you are looking for steps to create a new password, follow our instructions mentioned below. Our quick and easy solution steps are convenient to create a password reset disk at the comfort of your home. Here’s how you can do it.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create a password reset disk in Windows Vista:
1. Click on ‘Start’ and click on your ‘User icon’ in the ‘Start menu’
2. Insert a removable drive before you click on “Create a password reset disk”
3. Select ‘Create a password reset disk’ from the left pane and then click ‘Next’
4. Enter your password if the account has one and then click ‘Next’
5. Wait for the process to complete and then click ‘Finish’.
Once you create a password reset disk in Windows Vista-based PC, you can easily access your computer and manage your files and information like you did before.