To your Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 presentation you can add pictures, videos, soundtracks, and links to live websites. Yes, you can comfortably carry out all these actions and make your presentation interesting and interactive for the audience. At the same time, these actions can help you a great deal too as they can help you convey your message in an even more elaborate and practical manner. Here are the quick steps that you can follow to add links or hyperlink a particular word in your presentation slide.
If you are using a Windows 7 PC, this is what you can do:
1. Open the site whose link you wish to add.
2. Right click on the link and click on “Copy”, and then close the web browser.
3. Open Microsoft PowerPoint 2003.
4. Right click on the new slide and click on “Paste”
5. Now hit “ENTER” and there you have your hyperlink on the slide.
6. To hyperlink a single word, make new slide and then type text in placeholder text box.
7. Select the text which you want to use as a hyperlink.
8. Right click on the word you wish to hyperlink and then click on “Hyperlink” from the drop down menu
9. The Insert Hyperlink dialog box will appear. Press “Ctrl + V” to paste your link in the given space and then click “OK”.
10. You can see the link in action when you press ‘F5’ on your keyboard. This makes navigation much easier.
Now, during the presentation, if you have to access a particular website, you will not have to launch a browser and then locate for the particular website to access it. By simply clicking on the link or the hyperlinked text, you can easily launch the site on your favorite browser and complete your task.