After the release of Google Nexus One, here is another creation from Google. The company now introduces the Google Editions which is going to be released in the middle of the year. Google Editions is an online store with storage of online books. It is an e-book store. It is like a library full of information that user can see and read it. The store will be handled by Dan Clancy who heads the Google books.
Anything that you need, name it, they have books that are online and ready to be read. They will allow the users and buyers to download the information from the e-book. However, you will have to consult the publication and the author. As expected, when you copy a book, you should be able to consult the author and pay them. It only goes to show that Google is ready to spend money to create an e-book store. The book that is unauthorized for download will have some features like preview only. It will be available on the book store.
Google Book Search
When you use this, a new feature of Google Book Search will be added to your account. You need to sign in to have an access to the Google e-book. You can keep the information of what you have read, to your account and come back again later to continue. Does e-book have an advantage? Yes, it does!
Advantages Of The E-Book
- You can read this anywhere using your laptop, PC, smartphones etc.
- It is usually encoded in a user friendly program so that anybody can read it.
- You can print it immediately as it looks, like a page in an electronic book.
- If you have an account in Google, there will be an easy access to keep it and read it later.
- Less space in your shelf as it is an electronic book.
- There are pictures that are of good quality that compliments the articles and has facts that you may enjoy reading.
- It is environment friendly.
- You can have instant access to the websites that are linked to the page.
- You don’t have to look for an index, found at the back of the books instead, you have to type the keyword to search.
- There is an audio file within the electronic book. If you have problem reading the book, you can play the audio file. These are for pages that have a voice converter to the written information.
- You can now download page by page and have only the information you need to research. This is much cheaper than when you buy a book.
- You don’t have to order books online and wait for it to be delivered.
The advantages are many to be mentioned. Google, a popular search engine, continues to add more features for us to be digitally ready. Although e-books are in market already because of iPad, Google chose to publish it to public to help further, aside from the buckets of money they can get. This e-book will help the people to manage their time reading books. With these advantages, everybody will agree that this will be of great help.