Troubles with installing Internet Explorer 8 can be because of diverse issues. These issues have to be resolved! The successful installation of Internet Explorer 8 depends on many such issues. Following are some steps which will ensure successful installation :
- Retune Windows security settings back to the defaults
To retune Windows security settings back to the default the following steps are to be implemented:
- Type “cmd” in the “Run” tab (can be located in “Start” menu). Clicking “Enter” will execute the command.
- If you have Windows XP on your computer then the following command has to be entered; “secedit /configure /cfg %windir%repairsecsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose”. “Enter” will execute the command.
- For the owners of Windows Vista “secedit /configure /cfg %windir%infdefltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose”, has to be typed.” “Enter” will execute the command.
- Any messages flashing on the screen after this should be conveniently ignored.
- Scanning of the computer is required
The computer can be scanned by updating the anti-virus and anti-malware software installed in your computer. If you do not have this type of software, downloading a free edition from the internet can be useful. However, it would not be as much effective as a licensed software.
- Momentarily, render inoperative anti-spyware and anti-virus software
Sometimes the anti-virus software does not allow installation of other software, considering it to be a virus. In order to stop this practice, you have to disable this software. This can be done by right-click on the software icon and clicking “Exit” or “Disable”.
Note: The firewall of the computer should be working.
Now, try to install Internet Explorer 8 and if anti-virus software was the only hindrance, it will get installed. Next, enable the anti-spyware and anti-virus software after the installation.
- The computer should be started in a “Clean Boot” condition
There are times when the computer is not in a clean boot state. At this stage the computer does not allow any other software to be installed in its system. To mend this problem, you have to restart your computer in a clean boot state.
After doing as advised, try to install Internet Explorer 8.It will be installed if booting was the problem area.
- Ensure if there are files which cannot be reorganized
To check for the existence of any file/s which cannot be backed up the following method has to be implemented:
- Type “%windir%ie8_main.log” in the search tab (found in “Start” menu).”Enter” will execute the command.
- CTRL+END will shift the end of ie8_main.log file.
- Type “rchiveFileForUninstall:ArchiveSingleFile Canceled” in the “Find what” tab.
- Beneath “Direction” you will find an icon “Up”. Click on it and subsequently click “Next”.
Now all the files that cannot be backed up are treated. Retune the authorization for the Vgx.dll file. Internet Explorer 8 can now be installed. If it does not, “Support” needs to be contacted. You may also have to replicate the above steps. If even a single step is omitted or wrongly followed then the installation process will be hindered.