Microsoft® Virtual Server presents a perfect virtualization methodology. The latest version MVS 2005 R2 SP1 provides a platform for the working of several guest operating systems on a single server. You may call this as a host server. To add on to your information, Virtual machines are created and managed by and IIS web-based interface or assisted by Windows® client application tool called VMRC plus.
Microsoft Virtual Server delivers clustering scenarios under critical environments which will help to improve the process of patching and hardware maintenance in the below manner:
- Guest to guest: Across physical machines iCSI clustering will be favored for guests to guest.
- Host to host: Administrator will be able to cluster all the virtual OS running over the host.
This latest technology based server helps in better resource Management in the following manner:
- CPU resource allocation:It will support the dual process of both weighting and constraint to obtain fine-grained control.
- Memory resource allocation:Microsoft Virtual Server will provide flexibility to the memory at the boot time.
Key benefits of Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1
- This server is really helpful for the business users as it helps them in consolidating their infrastructure hence making a cost-effective management. This will allow IT professional to make better use of their hardware resources and also to improve the overall productivity of the employee. Further, using this server, user would be able to consolidate and re-host legacy applications.
- It will automate and consolidate software test and development environments. Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 enables IT and development staff to consolidate their test and development server farm and automate the provisioning of virtual machines.
- This server is demanded for simplifying disaster and data retrieval techniques. IT professionals may take sigh of relief as they don’t have to panic with application portability and flexibility across hardware platforms.