You have decided the content of your flowchart; selected the images and visualized the structure and now all you want is a great layout. Despite the perfection of the content, a badly laid out flowchart can dilute the entire meaning. Thus in addition to the content, the look of a flowchart is as important in garnering a greater appeal for your expression. A black and white frame around a historic image or a maroon ornamental frame around something that is traditional is a perfect fit. With the smart art options of a flowchart you needn’t restrict yourself to geometrical boxes. You can deck up your content boxes with varied colors and borders thus enhancing the impact and creating a lasting impression. The smart art options for a flowchart while working in a Microsoft 2007 document on your Windows Vista PC are plenty. You just need to choose it right and intelligently.
Here are some easy steps that can help you make a great flowchart.
1. Open “Word” document
2. Create a flow chart in Microsoft Word 2007
3. Under “SmartArt Tools”, on the “Design” tab, in the “SmartArt Styles” group, click “Change Colors”
4. Click the color combination that you want
TO CHANGE THE LINE COLOR OR STYLE OF A BOX’S BORDER
1. In the SmartArt graphic, right-click the border of the box you want to change, and then click “Format Shape”
2. To change the color of the box’s border, click “Line Color”, click “Color”, and then click the color that you want
3. To change the style of the box’s border, click “Line Style”, and then choose the line styles you want
4. Click “Close”
TO CHANGE THE BACKGROUND COLOR OF A BOX IN YOUR FLOW CHART
1. Right-click the border of a box, and then click “Format Shape”
2. Click the “Fill” pane, and then click “Solid fill”
3. Click “Color”, and then click the color that you want
4. To specify how much you can see through the background color, move the “Transparency” slider, or enter a number in the box next to the slider. You can vary the percentage of transparency from 0%to 100%
5. Click “Close”
Wasn’t it great to know that your most appealing and well-laid out flowchart was just a few clicks away? Certainly!