We have earlier seen how to copy the data from the Microsoft Outlook Express file on your Windows XP computer. Now let’s see how you can import that file to your Windows Vista PC. There’s a tool that’s developed by Microsoft called Windows Easy Transfer and you can easily transfer the data from Microsoft Outlook Express to Windows Mail. Windows actually transfers the data from older version of the applications to the newer versions automatically but if for some reason Windows doesn’t automatically transfer the data, you can always rely on Windows Easy Transfer to copy the data from Microsoft Outlook Express to Windows Mail on your Windows Vista computer. Do you know how to import your messages, contacts, and other data from Microsoft Outlook Express to Windows Mail on your Windows Vista computer?
Here’s how you can do that in a few simple steps:
1. Click on the “Start” button
2. Click on “All Programs” and then click on “Windows Mail”
3. Click on the “File” menu, point to “Import”, and then click on “Messages”
4. Click on “Microsoft Outlook Express 6”, and then click “Next”
5. Make sure “Import mail from an Outlook Express 6 store directory” is selected, and then click “OK”.
6. Click “Browse”, find the Outlook Express folder you copied to this computer, and then click on the folder only once to select it
7. Click “Select Folder” and then click “Next”
8. Click “All folders” to import all the folders then click “Next”
9. Click “Finish”
Congratulations! You have successfully transferred the data from Microsoft Outlook Express to the new Windows Mail!