How to print checks in QuickBooks software is a common query posed by new users and beginners to the software application. However, you need not worry. Your query for how to print checks in QuickBooks software will be solved easily since in QuickBooks Desktop, you will have the ability to print checks either one at a time or print out multiple checks simultaneously, depending upon your specific requirements.
Before you learn how to print checks in QuickBooks software, you should note one important aspect that forms should have preprinted check numbers and account numbers since QuickBooks Desktop can just fill out the information for making payments. Plain paper or blank check stocks may not work in this case.
If you are printing out a single check at a time, then here are the steps that you should follow:
- Choose Banking and then Write Checks.
- Find or create the check to be printed.
- Enter the check number in the field named First Check Number if it is required and then hit Print.
- Choose the style of check, i.e. between options such as Standard, Voucher or Wallet and ensure that the proper name of the printer is shown on the screen. Then click on Print.
If you are printing multiple checks simultaneously, then here are the steps that you should follow:
- Select Banking and then Write Checks.
- Choose the box named Print Later which is located adjacent to the Print icon for every check that you wish to print out. Then close the Write Checks window as well.
- Choose File and then select the Print Form Choose either Paychecks or Checks as you deem suitable.
- Choose your bank account.
- Select the checks that you wish to print out by putting the check mark next to the same. Then select the column for check marks for placement or removal of the check mark.
- Enter the first check number before selecting OK.
- Select the style of check, namely Standard, Voucher or Wallet and ensure that the proper printer name is shown accordingly. Then choose Print.
Following these steps will help you complete the procedure without any hassles whatsoever.