QuickBooks is great accounting software that helps its users to grow business. How To Fix Locating Missing Transactions In Quickbooks is one of the most frustrating questions that QB desktop users deal with. But there’s nothing to worry about, solutions to this problem are very easy.
How To Fix Locating Missing Transactions In Quickbooks: Steps You Must Take To Do The Same
To find out missing transactions in QuickBooks application, you should:
- Check The Audit Report First
- Then Check The Company File
- If you need to Condense the information then do so.
- Finally, if you are unable to find a transaction then re-enter the missing transaction.
Step 1: Chek Audit Report
Checking the audit report will show you all the transactions that have been entered in your company file. You will even get information about the deleted transactions by doing this. Know about the historical changes that have been made on the transactions.
- Open the QB software and go to the Audit Trail Report.
- Select Accountant & Taxes from the Reports menu.
- Lastly, go for Audit Trail.
- Once you have done Audit Trail, click on the Customize Report and go to the filters.
- Filter the Transaction Type, Date and Name and then Hit the OK button.
- Look for a bold section that will indicate if any changes were made within the transactions.
- Export the file to an excel document that will allow you to customise the same.
Step 2: Check For Multiple Company Files
- Open the QuickBooks application and press the F2 button on your keyboard.
- A product information window will open up.
- Look for File Information to get the File Path.
- Make sure that the server computer and all the other computers are working on the same file.
Step 3: Condense Information
Remove or Change Information before a cut-off date by using the Condense Information feature of the QB software if needed.
- Open the application and press F2 key to open the Product Information window again.
- On the right side of your screen, there will be a Condense Information section.
- If you see a date on the window that is after the date of a transaction then the same Transaction was removed due to a Condense.
Step 4: Re-enter Missing Transaction
If you are unable to locate the missing transaction by following the steps mentioned above then you can simply re-enter the Missing Transaction. Though it may seem a straightforward process, it can affect your account balance. Hence, it would be better to ask an expert if you encounter any issues during this process.
To know about How To Fix Locating Missing Transactions In Quickbooks from an expert, you need to reach out to QuickBooks technical support. Visit the Contact Info Directory website, from where you will get QuickBooks helpline number. Moreover, you will also get contact information from other companies such as Dell, HP, Apple, Microsoft, and Google from this modern online directory.