The various technical errors arise while printing documents from the QuickBooks Desktop. In some situations, one may face issues like not being able to print Cheques, PDFs and Invoices. Now a question may arise about how to fix QuickBooks printing problem.
But before that, one needs to know why this issue has arisen. There are several reasons for it. Such as:
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks PDF converter.
- Inaccessible Network connections.
- The Print Driver Host not working properly.
- The status of the PDF converter is offline.
- No connections with the printer are found by the system. Or the system shows ‘device not ready’ message.
- Misplacement of the PDF file component
- Improper installation of the printer software.
- QuickBooks software requires an update to the newest release.
- For other issues, you will receive an error message with a particular code regarding the issue generated.
Few essential guidelines are needed to be reviewed, such as,
- Check whether the printer is turned on and is working.
- Secondly, check the QuickBooks software is updated or not.
- Before getting freaked out about how to fix QuickBooks printing problems, try to reboot the computer.
- Study if the printer error message is appearing in “Windows Error Dialogue” or in “QuickBooks Error Dialogue”. This tool can only be used in the latter case.
- Check if the printing error in QuickBooks is occurring with the transactions. In that case printing reports is not possible.
Some important solutions to Fix QuickBooks printing problem
- First, check if the printer is working properly from other programs. Go to Start Menu -> open Notepad -> Search printer and click on Print.
If it is not working then follow the steps –
- Turn off the printer and restart the system.
- Then, turn on the printer.
- Check if the papers in the printer are not jammed.
- Select Control Panel from the Start menu, and click on “Printers and faxes”.
- Check if the status of your printer is not offline, and is having no documents in queue.
- Make sure that the current drivers for the printer are installed.
- Try to print a page.
- If you are thinking about how to fix QuickBooks printing problem, try QuickBooks Printing and PDF Repair Tool.
For this, you need to follow the steps –
- Check the QuickBooks software is updated to the latest maintenance release.
- Visit “www.Intuit.com” website.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub option, download the QuickBooks PDF repair tool.
- After downloading, save the installation file on the Desktop and execute it.
- After completion, check if the issue is resolved or not.
Few more solutions
- Try to restore ‘qbprint.qbp & wpr.ini’ files. These files get backed up along with all the company files. Ignore restoring old company files for this.
- If the issue is still not resolved, then try renaming the printer files with an “old” extension.
- Find the files qbprint.qbp and wpr.ini from all the company files.
- Right-click on one file at a time and select Rename.
- Change the file names to qbprint.qbp.old and wpr.ini.old.
- Then Go to QuickBooks Desktop -> Select File Menu -> Click “Printer Setup”. Try to print any transaction from the list.
- In case if the problem is not resolved, verify the printer status, or try to print by a different printer if any.
After completing all these solutions, you can get expert help by contacting QuickBooks HelpDesk.