Sage 50 was originally designed to serve as an accounting and payroll software for small and medium scale businesses. Looking at the popularity it gained over time, Sage Group launched similar products like Sage 100 and Sage 300 for serving the large-scale businesses. This specially designed software is only compatible to operate Windows devices. However, to operate Sage products on Mac and Apple devices you would have to initially install windows on such devices.
With the launch of Sage drive with a cloud storage system and WebSync, Sage 50 can now be easily operated in android as well as in ios devices. In this article, we will give you the various options on How to Get Sage 50 on Mac & Windows Devices. Furthermore, we will also look into the various advantages of having this software installed to manage your business accounts and other monetary records.
Advantages of having Sage 50 on your Mac & Windows Devices
Sage 50 has many benefits once you install the software on your devices. Let us take a brief insight into these advantages that are listed below:
- Sage 50 enables you to club your accounting and bookkeeping records in one go.
- Furthermore, other software could be hosted when Sage 50 is available on your devices.
- Its automated system of setting up calendar reminders cater to backup your files and database.
- The cloud storage of Sage 50 enables users to operate the company’s details from anywhere and at any time.
- Cloud hosting that promotes tracking of profit and loss statements along with storing data online could also be done with the help of Sage 50.
Nowadays, along with the option to share files through cloud storage, Sage has also launched mobile applications. Such mobile apps allow better user interface and also promotes easy sharing and operating of files.
Steps on How to Get Sage 50 on Mac & Windows Devices
There are several ways on How to Get Sage 50 on Mac & Windows Devices. Let us see how : For Mac devices, you can follow the below-listed options:
- Install Boot Camp: Once you have this multi-boot utility installed in your ios devices, Sage 50 can easily be accessed on your Mac operating system. Boot Camp is indeed the ideal choice to go for when you are looking for a software assistant for installing Sage 50 on Mac devices.
- Get VMware: This cloud computing software also enables users to install Sage 50 on their ios operated devices. However, firstly you will need to download and install windows on your device and then get hold of Sage 50 software. VMware is the only software that allows you to operate Sage 50 on Windows along with other operating systems like ios without having to reboot the entire system.
- Opt for Parallels: Parallels is another virtualisation software that is specially designed to serve the MacOs devices. By getting Parallels to install Sage 50, you can operate Windows 10 and Sage 50 as a whole new desktop on your Mac devices.
For Windows devices, follow the steps given below:
Step 1 – Download Sage 50 from your server and double click on the EXE file that appears on your desktop.
Step 2 – Go on to install it on your device.
Step 3 – Turn your antivirus off to allow the installation of Sage 50 successfully.
Step 4 – A license agreement will then appear. Go through it and then accept it.
Step 5 – Go to Firewall Settings.
Step 6 – You can opt to “Autoconfigure the Windows Firewall” or do it manually to run Sage 50 on your Windows.
Step 7 – An email would then be forwarded from Sage with a serial number. Enter the serial number on the window that appears after the installation of Sage 50.
Step 8 – Select a default location for your Sage 50 software. You can either choose for storing program files or company data files and browse the software accordingly.
Step 9 – Once the installation is done, click on “Start Sage 50 Accounting” and then go through the release notes.
Step 10 – Select the “Finish” option and then you may have to restart your computer.
Make sure you have saved and closed all the other running programs on your computer before you restart it. Also, check if your system is compatible with the Sage 50 software for the smooth functioning of the system on your computers.