A Sage Drive service helps you to store all your company’s data securely and allow access from any computer having an updated version of the Sage 50 application. It is essential for all types of business for easy data access with safety and convenience. The current copy of the database gets uploaded in the cloud and one with Sage ID and authentication can access it. As the service is not responsible for your data backups, you have to create a backup of your data on the Sage 50 application.
To set up Sage Drive, you need an updated version of Sage 50 Accounts. Open the application, and log in by using the Manager login name and password. Then, click on the “File” menu and select “Sage Drive setup”. Next, click on the “Let’s get started” option and keep following the instructions. If you are having a Sage ID then follow the steps to get started –
- Enter your Sage ID email address and password.
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Press “Allow”.
- Enter an encryption password and confirm it.
- Select the check box to agree with the terms and conditions.
- Click the Upload data button.
- For allowing others to access your data, go to “Management Centre” and click “Close”. Else, return to the Sage Accounts window.
Now, before you look into How Do I Share A Company Data File On Sage Drive? You must have a Sage ID. If you don’t have one, follow the steps –
- Click on “New User? Create a Sage ID” after setting up the Sage Drive.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Click the “Close” button.
- You will receive an activation mail with a “Sage ID Activation” link. Click on it.
- Then, click on “Register for Sage Drive with your Sage ID”.
- Enter account number and serial number.
- Click “Register”.
- You will receive the Successful Registration message.
Once your setup is completed, now the question arises is How Do I Share A Company Data File On Sage Drive? Here is a solution for you. Follow the steps and hopefully, you can share a company data file on the Sage drive.
- Go to the File Menu and select Sage Drive.
- Now, from the submenu, go to Share Company.
- When the Share Company Wizard opens up, you need to sign in with your Sage Id.
- For that, click on Sign In with your Sage ID button, and a Sage ID login window opens.
- If you don’t have a Sage ID, click on the link Sign up now.
- If you want to activate the Sage Drive service for the first time, click on the link. Activate it now. You will receive a verification code, enter it and get started.
- After sign in, click on the Next button to proceed.
- Here, you can create a backup of the company files by clicking on the Create Backup button.
- Check the company file before you share and then click the Share Company button.
- The company file gets uploaded on Sage Drive.
- Read all the information provided on the screen, and click the Finish button.
- Welcome to Sage Drive window opens. Read the information and click the OK button.
- At the right corner of the toolbar of the Sage 50 Accounting window, you will find a Sage Drive SHARED button appeared.
- Click the Sage Drive SHARED button to manage sharing company files.
If you encounter some errors while uploading data files on Sage Drive, you can contact the Sage 50 technical support team for advice.