Thinking how to fix error code of QuickBooks POS? This is the error named 176109 which comes up mostly when you are attempting to either register or open the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Before knowing more about how to fix error code of QuickBooks POS, you should know that the error occurs because there are compromised files contained in the Point of Sale (POS) Entitlement folder. Incorrect product code usage may be a factor, particularly if it has been used for installation of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. This error may also happen if you are not logged into Windows as an Administrator.
The first solution is to delete all contents of the Entitlement Client folder.
The first option is Automatic. This involves the following steps:
- Download the Clear Entitlement File tool before unzipping the same to the desktop.
- Double click on the same for running it.
- Re-launch QuickBooks Desktop POS (point of sale) and finish the registration procedure accordingly.
You can also get the Clear entitlement v8.bat file deleted along with the Clear_entitlement_v8 zip file.
For the Manual option of how to fix error code of QuickBooks POS, you should follow these steps:
- Press Windows and E keys together on the keyboard for getting Windows Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Press on CTRL and A for choosing all files in a particular folder before hitting Delete.
- Click on Yes and then re-launch QuickBooks Desktop POS (Point of Sale) for finishing the registration procedure.
Another helpful solution for you
Another option could be renaming the WSActivity file. You can follow these steps likewise:
- Press Windows + E for opening up Windows Explorer.
- Go to C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX\Ini.
- Right-click on WSActivity and then choose Rename.
- Key in OLDWSActivity and click to save.
- Close this window and then go to the first solution for getting entitlement client folder contents deleted successfully.
- Get the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (POS) application re-launched accordingly.
You may also consider a re-installation process for the QuickBooks Desktop POS (Point of Sale). A clean and hassle-free reinstallation process is recommended in case the above-mentioned solutions do not work properly.