Wondering how to fix QuickBooks payroll error codes ? These are usually error codes which come up in the format of 00000 71328. The code is subject to change on the basis of the task you are attempting in QuickBooks Payroll and also your version. It may be Error: QuickBooks Payroll Setup- Error Code: 99999 or even Unrecoverable Error: Error Code: 99999. Codes may vary between 00000 00001 to even 00000 99999 as well.
Before getting into how to fix QuickBooks payroll error codes, you should know that these problems crop up whenever any file name in the Employee Center or Vendor or even on the timesheet, has any special character. It may also happen whenever any duplicate entry is found for the name of an employee.
The commonly noticed error codes include the following:
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Codes- Some common solutions
If you are looking to solve QuickBooks Payroll Error code problems, here are some steps that you can consider following:
- Click View Report on the error window and you will see failure details on another window that partially opens.
- Find and open the ReportHeader.xml file with a double-click on the file name present in the window. The file is expected to open in Internet Explorer.
- If this does not open at all, the location of the file should be recorded.
- With Windows Explorer, visit the location for the file and open the same by a right-click and then choose Open in the new window. This will help the file open up in Internet Explorer.
- Hold down the CTRL F button for opening the search box and then key in Exception String 0 in the search option. The statement will clearly show subsequently, where the error has occurred. Errors are most likely to occur in the Employee Center or Vendor Center.
In case of customers being unable to download forms, you can resolve the issue by emailing the Arial (True Type) font to customers. Follow these steps accordingly:
- Find and open the Control Panel.
- Fonts should be opened and then drag and drop Arial (True Type) into an email before sending the same to the customer. The item is expected to show up in the form of an attachment.
- Verify that QuickBooks remains closed once the customer gets the email. Direct the customer accordingly for opening this attachment and then find the Install button. Follow instructions for completion of the same.
- If this button does not come, you may have to first Save and drag and drop Arial (True Type) into the folder named Fonts on the computer of the customer.
- Direct your customer to get the PC rebooted.
- Restart QuickBooks once your PC has rebooted successfully.