Wondering how to install QuickBooks accounting software? The process is not as difficult as it sounds. QuickBooks as you may already know, is the best solution for small businesses and covers a wide array of business functions alongside. You can install the software after having downloaded QuickBooks Desktop.
How to install QuickBooks accounting software – Steps to be followed
The first step is preparation for the installation process. If you were thinking of how to install QuickBooks accounting software, this is where you have to start. Here are the steps involved on the preparation side:
- Ensure that your computer adheres to all the system requirements firstly.
- If you have not downloaded it already, download the QuickBooks Desktop version without further ado.
- Save this file in a place which can be easily found by you like the Windows Desktop for instance.
- Have the license and product number ready with you also.
Installation of QuickBooks Desktop
These are the installation steps that you have to take:
- First open the file that you have downloaded, i.e. QuickBooks.exe.
- Follow instructions given on the screen and check out the software license agreement that is given. Accept the same and then click on Next.
- Enter the License and Product numbers before clicking on Next.
You have to then choose which type of installation is suitable for you. You can opt for QuickBooks Express or Custom/Network.
An Express Installation will be recommended if you are using the application for the very first time or you are reinstalling the program. If you are also thinking of using the application solely on a particular PC then this option is also recommended. Here are the steps to follow:
- Choose Express and then click on Next.
- Choose Install.
- When the installation concludes, choose Open QuickBooks for starting the process.
Custom and Network Installation steps to be followed
This form of installation is recommended if you are getting QuickBooks installed at a location other than your default one or you are hosting your company files on a server as well. You should choose custom and network installation if you are setting up your multi-user network too.
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Choose Custom and Network Options before clicking on Next.
- Choose the option which states how QuickBooks will be used.
- On the next display screen, choose Change the install location.
- Choose Browse for deciding where you will keep the folder for QuickBooks. Most users choose the Programs folder for this purpose.
- Choose Next for commencing the installation procedure.
- Post the conclusion of the installation procedure, choose Open QuickBooks for starting off the process.
Activation of QuickBooks Desktop version
The final stage in the installation procedure for QuickBooks accounting software is the activation. Post installation of the program, you will be asked to update and activate the program. Get this done to finish the installation successfully.