To get an answer to your question “how to Setup QuickBooks Accountant Hosting?” you need to know about Database Server Manager. To get acquainted with Data Server Manager, you need to first learn about what is hosting and what its advantages in the case of QuickBooks are.
About QuickBooks Hosting
This service allows everyone in your company and authorized partners to access the software and work with the company data from anywhere. Other benefits of QuickBooks hosting are –
- As you can work from anywhere and at any time, so it maintains a proper continuation of the business. You can get any critical information during the need.
- It uses highly available, fault-tolerant, and high-performance server clusters, therefore offering enterprise-class reliability.
- Encrypted transmission, firewalls, multi-layer access controls maintain the hosted data, thus is highly protected.
- The hosted data gets automatically backed up every night and remains for 60 days.
- They offer enterprise-class scalability and reliability.
- PC maintenance is simplified.
- No requirement for server or network maintenance.
Steps required to setup QuickBooks Accountant Hosting
To know how to set up QuickBooks Accountant hosting, you need to follow all the steps.
- You need to set up QuickBooks Desktop which forms the server computer or the host on a multi-user network.
- Download and install QuickBooks Desktop.
- For the installation type, select ‘Custom and Network install’.
- If you want to use the entire version of the QuickBooks Desktop, then select “I’ll be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer”. If you only want to host files, then select “I will NOT be using QuickBooks Desktop on this computer”.
- Follow all the instructions and complete the installation.
- Setup Folder Permissions on the host computer.
- Verify the permission correctly by opening the Windows Start menu -> open File Explorer -> find the company file and right click on it -> select Properties -> from the ‘Security’ tab, select ‘Advanced’ -> choose ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ and choose ‘Edit’ -> then set the settings to ‘Allowed’. Later you may modify settings.
- Set windows access permissions to share company files.
- Installation of Database Server Manager on the server computer.
- Download and install the Database Server Manager
- Set firewall permissions
- Update Database Server Manager
- The account used to sign in to the server computer requires Windows admin rights.
- Add a windows user with administrator rights. For Windows Small Business Server 2011 and 2008 R2, Go to ‘Start’ menu -> select ‘All Programs’ -> open ‘Windows Small Business Server’ -> choose ‘Windows SBS Console’ -> select ‘Users and Groups’ -> select ‘Add a new user account’ -> fill the user details and follow the tab wizard -> provide new user administration rights -> select ‘Finish’.
- Provide admin access to QuickBooks Programs. Close QuickBooks Desktop -> Open Windows ‘Start’ menu -> open ‘Control Panel’-> select ‘User Accounts’ -> find ‘QBDataServiceUserXX’ for your QB Desktop version-> select ‘Change the account type ‘and then ‘Administrator’-> select ‘Change Account Type’ -> select ‘Apply’.
- Use Database Server Manager to scan the folder containing company files and monitor your drives.
- After the entire set-up, turn on hosting that is multi-user access on the server computer.
- Goto QuickBooks Desktop -> select ‘File’ menu -> select ‘Utilities’ -> choose ‘Host Multi-User Access’ -> click on ‘Yes’ to confirm.
Finally, the answer to how to Setup QuickBooks Accountant Hosting is provided after completing all the steps. Follow each of them without freaking out.