Wondering how to setup QuickBooks for small business? QuickBooks is one of the most acclaimed global accounting software programs that help small businesses immensely to say the least. If you require support with QuickBooks, particularly for the initial setup, you should follow the guidelines given below.
Here is step by step QuickBooks support for setting it up smoothly:
- Register for QuickBooks and you can register in less than a minute with the new version. All packages have free trials. There are various subscription choices including Essentials (manage, pay bills and support for multiple users along with features of Simple Start), Simple Start (make estimates, invoices and download banking transactions) and Plus (all features of Essentials, tracking inventory and print and prepare invoices).
- If you are thinking of how to setup QuickBooks for small businesses, you have to first enter your email address, name, username and password. You do not require credit card for starting the free trial. The browser has to be compatible for using QuickBooks Online. Some of the compatible options include Internet Explorer 10, Google Chrome, Safari 6.1 or higher and Firefox.
- Upon signing for the trial, you can login and instantly view the dashboard on QuickBooks.
- The next stage in the process of how to setup QuickBooks for small business is customization of the company preferences and account settings. You can tap the dashboard for viewing the To Do list and other such tools. You will have multiple tutorials for initial support when you setup various parts of the account.
- Click the Company tab on the top and choose Preferences. Enter the contact information of the company before changing the account settings. These include time tracking and payroll, invoice automation and credit card payments (if you are taking online payments for instance).
- The next part of the QuickBooks setup support process is importing your business data into the application. You can get existing QuickBooks straight-away into the new account without any manual transfer. Get data directly imported from QuickBooks Desktop, bank transactions, Excel customer data, email based apps and Excel charts for accounts instantly. Click on Company and choose More and Import Data from the dropdown. You will view various import options for data. For importing accounts’ charts, you can just upload the XLS file and match every field to the fields in QuickBooks. Review this for accuracy prior to finalizing imports. You can quickly upload vendor lists and customer lists alike.
- For support with syncing bank accounts, you need to follow just a few simple steps. Choose Banking on top and then Download Transactions. You will find a pop-up window where you can input the bank name and account number. You will have to use the online banking login ID and password at this juncture. A few minutes will be needed for importing all banking transactions of the business account into QuickBooks. You can then attach customer/vendor names for each bank transaction.
- You can sync credit card accounts by clicking on Banking, then More and subsequently Registers on the dropdown. Type in the new name for the account before clicking on OK. You will see the pop-up ask you about the account type that you wish to set up. Choose Credit Card and a separate wizard will appear, helping sync cards in quick time.
- Customize invoices for size, style, font, color and layout. This is available for QuickBooks subscribers only. Click Customers followed by Create Invoices. Choose the template and you can go for Formatting for further changes before clicking on Customize Data Layout. A window will appear with several invoice customization options. Integrate the company logo into invoices. Click on Create Invoices-Customize Design and Layout-Customize Data Layout-Basic Customization Button (bottom of the additional Customization window). Then find Use Logo and wait for the pop-up for uploading the file.
- You can get adequate customer support with importing contacts to the program. Click Company-More-Import Data and then choose Customers or Vendors. Upload in the form of CSV or Excel files. Data should have line to line separation. Post data review and assigning the same to the right fields, hit Continue and make sure that contacts are successfully uploaded.
This is the technical Solution that you require for setting up QuickBooks successfully for the very first time. Follow the above mentioned steps carefully and get the job done without any hassles.