Are you thinking about How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working? QuickBooks Multi User Mode is a feature provided by QuickBooks that allows multiple users to work simultaneously on the same file. The error occurs when you try to open a file that is located on another device. Maybe you will not receive this error on your computer but on the other computer, the error will arise automatically. Hence, it is extremely important to know How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working: An Exclusive Guide To Fix This Error
The error can be encountered due to several reasons such as Firewall and Antivirus is blocking the connection between computers, QuickBooks is not installed on the server, Inappropriate Windows file permission settings, Hosting settings configuration and many others. Let’s explore How To Resolve QuickBooks Multi User Mode Not Working.
Solutions To The Problem
Method 1: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Open the Start menu and type QB Database Server Manager and open it.
- If you can’t find the location of the folders then use Browse to open the same files.
- Once you find it, click on the Ok button and press the Scan button.
The Firewall permissions on your device will get repaired by following the steps mentioned above. If the error is still occurring then go to the next method.
Method 2: Enable The QuickBooks Services If It’s Not
QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDBXX should be enabled on the server computer to use the QuickBooks multi-user mode.
- Type Services.msc in Windows search box and press Enter.
- If QuickBooksDBXX service is not appearing on your screen then follow these steps-
- Make sure that Database Server Manager is installed on the server.
- Ensure that the hosting is enabled on the server computer if the entire program is running on the computer.
- Double click on the QuickBooksDBXX service and the service status should be running or start.
- Choose to restart the QuickBooksDBXX service for every time it gets failed.
- Follow the same steps that are mentioned above to enable QBCFMonitorService.
- Make sure that only the server computer is running on host mode.
- Ensure that QuickBooks can send data by configuring the Firewall and Antivirus.
- Create a new company file folder and check if the error is occurring in the new folder.
- Use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to analyse your computer automatically and set it up for multi-user mode.
The aforementioned solutions should fix the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error. However, if the error is still occurring or if you are unable to apply all the methods then you can reach out to QuickBooks. To do that, you can visit Contact Info Directory, where you will get the customer support number of QuickBooks along with many leading companies such as Apple, Outlook, Dell, HP, Canon and numerous others.