QuickBooks is one of the most widely used applications that can effectively operate all types of accounting and finance services. If you are using QuickBooks then ensure that you have the TLS 1.2 update. Are thinking about What Is The TLS 1.2 Update For Quickbooks Desktop? Read this article carefully till the end to get your answers.
What Is The TLS 1.2 Update For Quickbooks Desktop: How Does It Impact Your QuickBooks Application
If you are unable to get the TLS 1.2 update then you may face several consequences. The features that may get affected are:
- Online banking, Payroll and Payment Services.
- Activation of the QB application on a new device.
- Password reset tool. Keep in mind that you will have to remember your password as the password vault will work no longer.
- Intuit Data Protect which is an integrated feature to avoid data breach.
- Services that require Intuit account credentials or QuickBooks authentication such as Contributed reports and Secure webmail.
Hence, it’s mandatory to update your QB Application to the latest version as most of the services will become unavailable if you don’t.
To run the TLS 1.2 update flawlessly, some basic system requirements are required.
- The Operating System should be not older than Windows 7. It will work fine on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- The Internet Explorer 11 version is highly recommended for latest updates and security.
- Your system must have .NET Framework 4.5.2 or above.
How To Avoid TLS 1.2 Errors Successfully
- You must have the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application with all the latest patches.
- Additionally, you can use Intuit TLS 1.2 Readiness Tool to check if your device is compatible or not.
- If your system is not compatible with the latest TLS 1.2 updates then you should make necessary changes.
- To avoid any kind of security breaches, use the latest version of Internet Explorer always.
- Make sure that you have access to administrator privileges. Also you need the best configured Internet security settings.
- Run QuickBooks as Administrator to find the reason behind the TLS 1.2 error.
- Some errors may prompt while running the application with TLS application even after following the above steps. Always run the application as administrator to avoid these types of errors.
Now, you know What Is The TLS 1.2 Update For Quickbooks Desktop. However, if you still face any errors then you can contact an IT professional of QuickBooks’ IT department. To get the contact information of QuickBooks, visit Contact Info Directory website. This website has helpline numbers of all the leading companies including Apple, Microsoft, Google Pay, Canon, Dell and many others.