Introduction on How to Upgrade Sage 50 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Upgrading your system software promotes better functionality and further improvise the user experience. Sage 50 is one such accountancy product serving as a business tool to all the medium and small-scale entrepreneurs. This payroll product enables users to execute their business operations smoothly.
Over the years, Sage has been introducing new additions to its Sage 50 business tool so that it can give the users an enhanced experience to organise and club their data within a single framework. By upgrading to the latest version of Sage 50 2020, you will be able to use a set of new features that will further cater to improve your business operations. However, first, you will have to count on several features like the system and compatibility requirements to successfully install and upgrade to the latest version of Sage 50.
New-additions made to Sage 50
Before we go on to explain the various steps involved in How to Upgrade Sage 50 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020, let us take a look at some of the newly introduced features of Sage 50 2020.
- The Address box meant to track the records of workers, consumers and vendors have been updated. The character limit has been increased from 30 to 50 so that you can input long-tail addresses.
- Furthermore, the character limit for the field of the Deposit Ticket ID box has also been expanded from 8 to 20 characters.
- Characters for Inventory items that are listed under the “Items” field has been advanced from 20 characters as well.
- Addition of a new section titled “Notes” is made to track consumers and vendors. Thus, the “Maintain Vendors” field can now be utilised by filling up to 255 characters in the notes section. However, note that you cannot print any forms from this section.
- Consumer forms and invoices could now be mailed from the newly-added drop-down list that displays the contacts. You can access this feature in fields like Proposals, Quotes, Sales Orders, Sales/Invoicing, Credit Memos and Receive Money.
- The “Maintain Employees Window” has new additions of fields named “Special 3”, “Special 4” and “Special 5”. These sections have been mainly introduced for managing and tracking formulas and variables in context to payroll deductions.
- The database used by the software to store all the information has been renamed from Pervasive v11 to Actian Zen v13. This upgraded version is deemed to improve the overall functioning of the software along with enhancing security measures.
- Lastly, a bell icon is introduced on the main Sage 50 Window. You can spot it at the top right corner with notifications from Sage 50.
Steps to Guide you on How to Upgrade Sage 50 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Given below are to steps you need to learn so that you know How to Upgrade Sage 50 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020:
Step 1: Launch Sage 50 from your server.
Step 2: Click on “Services” following which you can press “Check for updates” and then select “Check Now.”
Step 3: Select “Upgrade Now” for the download to start.
Step 4: Once the download is complete, click on the “Install” tab. A user agreement will then pop up on your screen. Click on “agree” and then proceed.
Step 5: Select “auto-configure” for the installation to begin.
Step 6: Verify the serial number and open the program to activate it.
Step 7: Allow access to the software to automatically detect files and data so that it can transfer and store all the information to its new version.
Step 8: Close the Sage 50 window and then restart your computer to get the new version on your dashboard.
Q1. What system requirements should be met to install Sage 50 2020?
Ans. Given below are some of the conditions needed to upgrade to the latest version of Sage 50:
- 4 GB RAM and 2.0 GHz processor.
- Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 with the latest version of Microsoft installed in it.
- High-speed internet for best user experience.
- 1 GB disk space for installation and updates. Additional space of 280 MB to 850 MB might be required as well.
- 1400 x 900 and higher resolution is preferred.
Q2. What are the pre-installation requirements of Sage 50?
Ans. Given below are some of the vital measures which you need to check on before you can install Sage 50 on your devices:
- Check your system if it could support the software requirements.
- Backup the essential data and information before you upgrade your software to a newer version.
- Makes sure you close all the tabs on Sage 50 before the installation process begins.
- Also, shut down the other application and software (if running).
- You can start installing the file but do not forget to turn off the antivirus.