How to fix the AOL Mail error “The message was not sent because of an error” is a major issue that often plagues most users. However, if you were thinking that the answer towards the how to fix the AOL Mail error “The message was not sent because of an error” dilemma was complex, then you could not be more mistaken. There are ways and means to fix this issue as per experts.
How to fix the AOL Mail error “The message was not sent because of an error”- What you should know
In most cases, the simplest way to get things sorted is to pause for a while when the error crops up on the PC screen. Just let go for a little while and attempt to send the email once again after at least a few minutes. You can also verify that the letters AOL have been typed properly or whether they have been pasted with the display name of your AOL account. Verify the display name of the account in order to see whether it is absolutely correct or not.
Some other tips worth knowing
- Always ensure that your software is updated and that there is ample compatibility for the Linux Adobe Flash Player.
- You may need to update your current Adobe Flash Player version in some cases.
- Always check the Cookies status and this should be Enabled.
- Get the cookies, cache, footnotes and temporary files cleared swiftly.
- You can always check out another web browser where the problem may not occur at all.
Checking display name for your account
Here the steps that you need to follow for this purpose:
- Choose Options in the upper-right portion of the AOL Mail display screen.
- Choose Mail Settings and then Compose (left area).
- Scroll downwards and find Display Name.
- Verify whether there is A.O.L or AOL in the display name for the account.
- If this is the case, then get this changed instantly.
- Save your settings prior to leaving this window.
If you follow the above mentioned troubleshooting tips, you may be able to fix the error without any hassles. If you still cannot solve the problem, then you may consider reaching out to the experts without further ado. Make sure that you invest a little time and energy into following all the steps given above.