Ways to Fix Hulu error code 0328 Chromecast
Chromecast is one the most popular ways to enjoy Hulu entertainment. With a range of videos, movies and programs streaming live on your TV set, you definitely want anything to interrupt the experience. However, one common issue that sometimes users face is the Hulu error code 0328 on Chromecast.
Once you have downloaded the Chromecast app, you will be able to cast your favorite content on Hulu. However, if you are stuck with the Chromecast error code 0328, here are some of the things that you can definitely try out.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Error 0328
1. The first thing that you can try to do is turn off the casting device like iPhone, iPad, or Android and then wait for 60 seconds. Now turn it back on and check if the error 0328 is fixed.
2. Clear the Hulu cache on the app or on the temporary file in iOS devices. Here is how to do it in different devices:
a. Android: From the home screen, navigate to Applications > Manage Applications > All > Hulu. Press ‘Clear Cache’.
b. iPad: On the left of the Hulu app, tap on the Menu icon, gear icon, settings, temporary files, clear temporary files.
c. iPhone: At the bottom of Hulu app, tap on the more icon > Settings > Temporary files > Clear Temporary Files. Now tap on the Browse button and set the new version of the Hulu app.
3. Force quit the Hulu application. Here is how to do it on different devices:
a. Android: Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Hulu and press Force Stop
b. iOS: Navigate to home screen and double click the home button. If you are using iOS 6 or earlier, hold your finger on the Hulu app until it begins to wiggle. Tap the red button above the icon, tap on the Home button for the completion. On iOS 7, swipe up on the Hulu screenshot until it vanishes. Tap on the home button to complete.
4. You can try to uninstall the power cycle and install the Hulu and Chromecast application again. This makes sure that you are using the updated version of the apps:
a. Android: Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Hulu or Chromecast and press to Uninstall. Turn off the device and wait for 60 seconds. Turn it back on and then install the app again from the Google Play Store.
b. iOS: Delete the Hulu application from the iOS device by pressing the holding the Hulu or Chromecast icon unless the app starts to stutter. Tap the X on the upper left-hand corner of the icon to delete. Navigate to the app store and install the application again.
5. Check the available updates for your casting device. Here is how to go about the different devices:
a. Android: Navigate to Settings > About Phone/Tablet > System Updates
b. iOS: Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update
If the iOS application continues to have issues, reset the settings of the network. For this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.