ERROR CODE 0XC004F074: MS OFFICE & WINDOWS ACTIVATION ISSUE
The Error code 0xC004F074 often comes up when trying to activate Windows and Office. The error is seen in the Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 that has KMS activated before upgrading to Windows 10. The error is accompanied with the message that your operating system cannot connect to an activation service. The error will also come up when you try to activate Microsoft Office 2016 volumes.
DIY SOLUTIONS TO FIX ACTIVATION ERROR CODE 0XC004F074
Solution 1: Use Activation Key
- Open Command Prompt as Admin and run the command ‘slmgr.vbs /dlv’. Do this before uninstalling the current key
- Enter, ‘slmgr.vbs /upk’ to remove the current KMS key
- Once the initial key is deleted, use ‘slmgr.vbs /ipk<NewKMSProductKey>’ to apply the new key
- Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Update and Security’ option
- Click on Activation
- Check if Windows 10 is now activated
Solution 2: Using Command Prompt
- Press Win + R and open Run prompt
- Type, ‘slmgr.vbs -ipkxxxxx-xxxxx- (product key)’ and press Enter
- Type, ‘slmgr.vbs -ato’ and press Enter. If the error hasn’t resolved, go back to Command Prompt and type ‘Slui 3’
- Put the product key in the pop up window and press the Activate button to open Command Prompt again.
- Be in the Admin mode and then type, ‘sfc /scannow’ and press Enter
- Once the process completes, restart the computer
- Try to Activate the copy of Windows once more and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Install License Pack
The error code can come up when you are trying to activate a volume license client Office 2016. It could mean that there are two KMS hosts in the system. In such a scenario, both the Office 2016 and Office 2013 KMS are co-hosted on the same system.
This problem commonly occurs in Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7. The issue can be solved by downloading the Microsoft Office 2016 Volume License Pack (16.0.4324.1002).
Solution 4: Update to fix error code 0xC004F074
- Open Command Prompt as Admin
- Enter the code, ‘cscript ospp.vbs /sethst:< server name or IP address of kms server>’ and run it
- It will set the kms server to match your server
- Re-sync the host to the client by running the code ‘w32tm /resync’ in the Command Prompt.\
- Activate MS Office by entering ‘cscript ospp.vbs /act’
- Check if the error is now resolved.