How to Fix Hulu error code 14
Hulu error code 14 is a common issue that can occur in your Hulu account at any point of time. If you are getting this error code on your screen then there can be more than one reason for it. Don’t panic, it’s nothing that you can’t fix on your own. Here are few troubleshooting steps that you can use to resolve this issue in no time.
Signs of Hulu Error Code 14
Even though you may be seeing this error code for the first time, here are some symptoms that are indicative of the issue.
- ‘Error 14’ appears and then crashes the active program window. This makes your PC crash frequently when running the same program.
- Hulu Error 14 is displayed
- Windows run sluggishly and then responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input
- The computer periodically ‘freezes’ for a few seconds at a time
The error 14 message can appear during a program installation while a Hulu related software is running. It can also occur during Windows start up or shut down or even during the installation of Windows operating system.
What causes Hulu error code 14
Here are some of the common causes for the Hulu error code 14:
- Corrupt download or even incomplete installation of Hulu software
- Corrupt Windows registry from a recent Hulu related software change. It can be both installation or uninstallation
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or even Hulu related program files
- Some program or malicious infection has deleted Hulu related files
Steps to Fix the Hulu Error Code 14
Here are the steps to fix Hulu error 14 in a simple way. If you don’t feel confident about any particular step, it is best to get in touch with Hulu customer care and seek their assistance.
- Check for registry entries associated with your device. The troubleshooting steps will depend if you are working on a Mac or Windows device.
- Run a full malware scan on your PC. Download a reliable antimalware tool and after installation let it run a deep scan of your device. If there are any errors found, click on the ‘Repair All’ to fix the issue.
- Clean out your system junk from the temporary files and folders with disk cleanup. You can use Cleanmgr for this.
- Check if your device drivers are updated and running properly.
- Utilize the Windows System Restore to ‘Undo’ recent system changes
- Uninstall and then reinstall the Hulu program associated with error 14
- Run Windows system file checker with ‘sfc/scannow’. Type this in the run command.
- Install all available Windows updates
- Perform a clean installation of Windows
- Your Hulu Error Code 14 should now be resolved.