How to Solve Hulu Error Code 16
Hulu is all about enjoying unlimited streaming of content as and when you like. Sometimes, this streaming gets interrupted and one of the error code that you may see is Error 16. This error code is often accompanied with the message, ‘Your account is not valid in this region’ seen on the iOS device. This means that the server has identified your IP address being routed through an anonymous proxy or VPN. Since, Hulu content is only available for streaming in the United States, it is important to determine the location. Failing to do so, throws up this error code in Hulu.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Hulu Error 16
If you are getting this error on your Hulu account, here are some of the things that you can do to fix the issue.
- Check WiFi proxy settings
- Open the Settings app on the iPad or iPhone
- Tap the WiFi button and check the details of the connected WiFi network by tapping on the blue circle button at the right end
- Scroll to the end of the screen and check if the HTTP proxy option is set off
- Now try to play the video once more.
- Check Configuration Profiles
- Open Settings and then tap General
- Scroll to the end and tap Profiles
- Tap to delete Profile
- Play the Hulu video once more.
- Check if the WiFi is using ‘transparent proxy’
- To test, try joining a different WiFi network. You can also try to use cellular network
- Turn off WiFi and turn back on to check if the problem is resolved.
Hulu Error 16 on Samsung Devices
The above steps were for iOS. If you are using Samsung, then try using the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
- Verify the wireless proxy settings
- Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon and click on the Blue colored button. It should display the network setting for WiFi
- Check if the Network Configuration is correct
- Go to the end of the screen and check if the Http proxy settings are ‘Off’. If not, then set it to ‘Off’ and check if you can stream Hulu content.
- Verify profile settings
- Tap on the Settings icon and open General Settings
- Select ‘Profiles’ from the end and then delete the profile
- Now try to stream the Hulu content once more
- Time and date error
- Close the Hulu application and then open it again after 20-30 seconds
- Reactivate Account
- Uninstall the Hulu app on your Samsung device
- Open the browser on your device, connected to the internet and type the URL as hulu.com/account
- Login with your credentials
- Once the account is open, go to Device Management and click on ‘Manage your Devices’
- Open the Hulu app on your Samsung device
- Click on login and put the credentials
- Click on logging online
- Open browser and type hulu.com/activate
- Put the activation code received on the device
- Your device will be reactivated
- Check if the error is resolved.