Organizing pictures and the huge collection of videos in your computer is always one of the main concerns for all computer users. Although, you can now make it all very easy with certain changes in the Windows settings for importing videos and photos from external sources such as camera, DVD, CD, etc. Moreover, it is these settings that determine on how all your videos and pictures will be named and also organized in your computer. Thus, making the right settings for the transfer of pictures or videos is the key to a well organized collection of video data. Follow the given steps to change the settings in your computer.
- Select any one of the given steps:
- Using a USB cable, connect a camera to the computer. Now turn on your camera.
- Connect any portal device that has your pictures and videos stored in it with your computer using suitable USB cable. Now turn on your device.
- Connect your flash memory cards like the CompactFlash memory card and the Secure Digital card into the card reader of your computer.
- Insert the DVD or CD containing your videos and pictures into the ocmputer’s CD/DVD drive.
- Click on the Import pictures and videos using Windows section located in the AutoPlay dialog box.
- In order to change the particular settings which are generally used while importing the videos and the pictures, simply click on the Import settings located in the Import Pictures and Videos box.
- In the Import Settings box, change any number of settings you want and then finally click on OK.
- Lastly, select OK while restarting the Import Pictures and Videos option. Now simply type any tag into the Tag these pictures box. With this, click on Import for importing the selected videos and pictures based on the new settings.
This process has to be repeated every time you want to change any settings. This process is suitable for Microsoft windows set up and other servers may have some slight difference. The difference will not be drastic that you need to know all software properly for changing settings. If you know it in any one you will surely be able to manage doing changes in settings. The need to change of settings for can be any reason. It varies from one individual to another. It is important to know what needs to be changed in settings as improper changes may harm you importing file, pictures or videos. It is also advised to read all the mentioned notices and every option to avoid any in required changes. It will also help in deciding whether you need to change the settings. One last point is to make sure you do the changes before you saved photos. The reason for this is that once you saved the pictures the settings change will not be applied to them. It will be applied for all the new imports after all the settings been changed and saved. Hope this has helped to know everything you needed or wanted to know about changing settings.