Well if you think that you had got rid of the buzz word “3D”, think again. It seems that every electronics company is having a fixation on 3D as the future of tomorrow. With a stiff competition in the making IFA saw a major overhauling of IT companies just bringing out weird products of luring consumers to the 3D dream. Apart from the 3D hype, IFA also boasted the much awaited products such as the Samsung Galaxy Tab, hand gesture interface products, energy efficient gadgets and new Smartphones in the making.
From Sony to Google, it seems that every IT major is trying to vouch for the slice of this intermittent distance future, in which you can view elements of characters from your TV in 3 dimensions. In short electronic and IT companies and seeking to make the viewer experience highly “entertain able” as if they are part of the action.
However, isn’t the concept of everyone in your family wearing bulky 3D glasses, sitting on a couch and viewing your favorite sitcom strange enough? Well many IT companies claim that this is just the starting of the concept of 3D TV. A leading German electronics company has come up with viewing 3D TV without any glasses. Similarly, Samsung has also come up with view photographs in 3D which uses dual optical technology that takes projects the photograph in multi-dimensions.
Samsung has chosen IFA as the inaugural event to launch its Samsung Galaxy Tab. Having all the feature of the Galaxy Smartphone the Galaxy Tab certainly looks much more small and leaner than the iPad. Some of its specifications are as follows:
- Network: HSUPA 5.76/HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/1900/2100 EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 WiFi a/b/g/n, BT3.0, DLNA
- Dimension: 19.09X 184.108.40.206mm (380g)
- Display: 7.0 inch WSVGA (1024X600) TFT
- Operating System: Androoid 2.2 (Froyo)
- Samung Apps/ Android Market: Various applications downloadable
- Social Hub: SNS, e-mail, IM and calendar accounts, Integrated Calendar
- Android Samsung UI: Multiple Homescreens, Hybrid Widgets
- Processor: 1.06Hz Application Processor with PowerVR SGX540
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Camera: 3.0 MP with LED flash
- Video: Full HD (1080p) Video Player and Recorder (720x 480) @30 fps
- Memory: 16GB/32GB+ MicroSD (Up to 32GB)
- LBS: Google maps, Lattitude, Places, Google Maps TM Navigation (Beta)
These were just some of the highlights of the expo, which new advances in consumer electronics especially 3D TV.