If Internet Explorer 8 is removed from the system, the previous version of Internet Explorer is reinstated with your required customizations. Internet Explorer 8 is a part of Windows 7. Consequently, if Internet Explorer 8 is taken out, then a third-party browser has to be installed to use internet.
Uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
If you use this software in your computer, then the following below mentioned steps will help you to uninstall Internet Explorer 8;
- Type “Cmd.exe” in the search menu.
- A list of programs will appear on the screen. When you see “Cmd.exe”, right click on it. Now, click “Run as administrator”.(if a password is asked, enter it)
- Once you right click in the interior area of administrator, a window asking for the command, will open. Paste “FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-8*.mum /c “cmd /c echo”, in this window.
- Subsequently, pressing “Enter” will install Internet Explorer 8.
- Restart the computer to verify.
Uninstall Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP or Windows Server 2003
If you possess this software, then following the below mentioned steps will uninstall Internet explorer 8:
- Duplicate the subsequent command;
- Type “Cmd.exe” in the “Run” section of start menu. Pressing “Enter” will execute the command.
- Paste “%windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe” in the window which will appear once you right click “Cmd.exe” window.
- Now, pressing “Enter” will uninstall the Explorer 8.
- Restart your computer to verify this.
Steps subsequent to restarting the computer, after uninstalling Internet Explorer 8
After having followed the above mentioned steps in your specific software, restart your computer. Once the computer is restarted, the below mentioned steps are to be followed:
- Open Internet Explorer on your computer.
- Select the “Help” menu. Now locate “About Internet Explorer”. Once located, you should be able to see Internet Explorer 6 or 7 in this dialog box.
- The presence of Internet Explorer 6 or 7 will verify that Internet Explorer 8 has been uninstalled. (If Internet Explorer 8 is not removed, you will be unable to open Internet Explorer 6 or 7).
Once Internet Explorer 8 is uninstalled, you may observe Application event log errors after every reboot.
To solve this problem, erase the following Internet Explorer User Accelerators and Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE found in Microsoft Windows section: