As days progress, technology continues to help the society and make people’s lives easy. It is important to have an updated technology for it matters a lot in finishing a task as easy, convenient, and fast as possible.
1. The computer as product of technology
The computer can be considered as the individual’s personal assistant. It assists the individual to make the loads of work easier to finish. This is an advantageous equipment for those with paperwork, research, and any work that requires typing, sending files, saving files, and the like. Essentially, it plays a vital role in entertainment, information, communication, education, and keeping important files safe and secured. The computer may be in a form of personal computer or a laptop.
2. How to operate the computer?
It is easy to manipulate a computer as long as the person knows the basics. When the computer is already assembled, an operating system is first to be installed for it to be functional.
3. Windows as an operating system
Windows is one of the many operating systems available in the market. It has a graphical user. A lot of edition of Windows are available like the Windows 95, 98, 7, XP, and the like.
Files are always present in the computer. Files can be manipulated. It can be renamed, saved, and deleted. The user must know how to save and back up his/her files, most especially those important files. Other than that, there are also files that should not be altered for it might ruin the entire system like the program files which are very crucial.
So, how can a user back his/her files?
There are two options to back up the files. One is the user can select certain folders and drives that he/she wants to back up. Second, he/she can let Windows choose what files to be backed up.
How does Windows choose which files to back up?
Two options are offered to choose from:
• First, the Windows can back up the data files from all user account on the computer like those saved in libraries, desktop, and in default Windows (App Data, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Links, Saved Games, and Searches). Take note that this option back ups only the local files and does not back up those formatted files using the New Technology File System or NTFS.
• Second, if the hard drive or computer stops working, system image of programs, Windows, and all drivers and registry settings can be backed up. This option is for formatted files using the NTFS. The system image is the exact copy of the drive and this can be used if the computer or the hard drive stops working.
Therefore, letting Windows choose which files to be backed up helps the user save important files. However, the options for backing up the files have its limits. There are files that Windows cannot back up like the Program files, File Allocation Table or FAT formatted files, Recycle Bin files, and temporary files less than 1 GB in size.