With Windows 7 comes bundled a troubleshooting wizard which helps you resolve the internet connectivity issues painlessly. This wizard doesn’t fix all the problems and issues but can fix a lot of them if they are on the local machine. Any issue which is with the Router or Physical connectivity cannot be resolved but the Troubleshooting Wizard will at least let you know the possible reason of the problem so that the troubleshooting can be easier and quicker.
Troubleshooting wizard can be initiated from related topics in the Help window, from Windows 7 Action Center in the system tray, and from the Troubleshooting option in Control Panel.
Start the Troubleshooting Wizard from Control Click on Start menu and then on control panel. In control panel open the Troubleshooting item. Once the Troubleshooting window opens click on “Network and Internet” option in it. Click on next so that you reach to another page which has option called “Troubleshoot my Internet connection”. Click on this option and the wizard will start finding the problem and will list it. Along with the listing of problem you will find a button titled ”Try these repairs as an administrator”. Click on this button and the Wizard will now try to fix the problem for you. Once fixed click on “Close” and try browsing the internet to check if it works.
Other Troubleshooting Wizards in Windows 7
- Aero: Troubleshoot the problems which prevent your computer from displaying aero animations and aero effects.
- Playing Audio: Troubleshoot the problems which prevent your computer from sound playback.
- Recording Audio: Troubleshoot the problems which prevent your computer to record sound.
- Printer: Troubleshoot the problems which prevent you from using your printer.
- Performance: Adjust settings in Windows which can help in improving overall speed and performance of the computer.
- System maintenance: Clean up all the unused files and shortcuts and perform other maintenance tasks.
- Power: Adjust power settings to improve the battery life of your laptop and to reduce power consumption.
- Homegroup: Troubleshoot the problems which prevent you from viewing files on your computer or the shared files in a Homegroup.
- Hardware and devices: Troubleshoot problems with your computer’s hardware and devices.
- Internet Explorer Performance: Troubleshoot problems which prevent you from browsing the Internet with Internet Explorer.
- Internet Explorer Safety: Adjust security settings to better the browser safety in Internet Explorer.
- Windows Media Player Library: Troubleshoot problems which prevent music and videos from being shown in the Windows Media Player Library.
- Windows Media Player Settings: Reset Windows Media player to its default settings.
- Windows Media Player DVD: Troubleshoot problems which prevent playback of a DVD in Windows Media Player.
- Connection to a workplace by using Direct Access: Helps in connecting to your workplace network over the Internet.
- Shared folders: Helps in accessing shared files and folders on other computers
- Incoming Connections: Helps in allowing other computers to connect to your computer.
- Network adapter: Troubleshoot the Ethernet, wireless, or other network adapters installed on your computer.
- Internet Connections: Helps fixing issues with connectivity to the Internet or to a particular Web site.
- Program compatibility: Helps in fixing the compatibility of programs on Windows 7.
- Search and indexing: Troubleshoot problems with Windows Search.
- Windows Update: Troubleshoot problems which prevents Windows Update from working correctly.