Cookies are a type of data stored on your computer. These cookies are being used for a lot of purposes and in fact they make your life simpler and that is why they exist largely. They are designed to hold a self effecting data for a client or the user of the computer. It means that only information related to a particular user is stored in the cookie. These cookies can be used either by the web server or the client’s computer. Sometimes, we notice that if we open the webpage for the second time, the website says your name. This job is done by the cookies that store the relevant information. Some websites may initially store your name in web browser, but when we visit the page again it takes the name from the cookie and adds it with any string. The message could be anything like ‘hello Smith have a nice day’. Some other data can also be stored in the cookies depending upon the scenario.
Internet explorer provides you many different ways to control the cookies stored in your computer. You can allow the cookie or block the cookie or you can even allow only the specific sites to store the cookies on your computer. When you make these changes, the cookies already stored in your computer are not affected. These settings can work with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and with the windows Internet Explorer 8. You can also block or unblock the cookies from any other web browser. If you want to enable or disable the cookies from the windows Internet Explorer 7 or windows Internet Explorer 8 then you can follow these steps:
- The first step is to double click on Internet explorer to open it.
- Once the explorer is opened, you have to Select the tools, then options.
- In the options in the browser, you have to select the privacy tab button.
- Now under the settings, move the slider up if you want to block all cookies. The level of cookies than needs to be enabled or disabled can be adjusted in this slider and it depends on the level of safety and privacy that you would like to have on your computer and browser.
- Once you have selected the level of the slider to enable and disable the cookies to the desired level, you have to click OK to apply these settings
After blocking the cookies it, might be possible that some WebPages will not work properly. So you can allow or block the cookies from a specific website. To allow or block the cookies from a specific website you should follow these steps:
- Open your Internet Explorer
- Select tools, then options
- Now select the privacy tab, and adjust the slider between the top and bottom points.
- The next step is to click on sites and enter the address of the website. Then select the button allows or blocks them and then click OK.
As you type in the given space, a list of WebPages that you have already visited will be displayed. You can also choose any website for adding this in feature to allow or block website cookies list. Now move the slider to its original position and click ok. All the new settings will be applied now on your web browser.