Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are two of the recently invented and developed technologies that are producing excellent results all around the world in terms of communications. This is because both these technologies are secure and do not involve any physical connection between devices in order to share data and information. There have been a number of devices invented by now that can be used in order to make your work easier. These include devices like keyboards, mouse, printers and mobile phones.
Many devices want your system to have a Bluetooth device integrated with your system. In case you have your blue tooth device integrated with your system, check if the drivers are configured properly or not. You can check that by going to the device manager. The following steps would get you to the device manager:
- Right click on My Computer and click on Properties at the end of the list.
- On the landing screen, click on Device Manager link on the left side of the window.
- Look out for the Bluetooth device and see if the drivers are installed.
- In case the drivers are installed, come out of the device manager, in case they are not being installed, you can use the Windows Update feature to install the drivers. Once installed, you can move out of the Device Manager.
In case you do not have a integrated Bluetooth device, you can still use a dongle. The drivers can be installed in the same way as for an integrated device.
Use the following steps to connect your desired device with the system:
- Follow the Start menu, and then Control Panel.
- Select Hardware and Sound selection and then Bluetooth Devices.
- Click on the Add a Wireless Device and make sure that your device is turned on.
- The system is going to search for the device and pair it with your system on authentication.
You can then use your system with the other devices through Bluetooth connection being developed between both these devices.
Adding network devices is another of the easy jobs that you can easily perform. The following steps can be used in order to make sure that you can access the device on a wireless or wired network connection. This device can further be used with your system:
- Click on the Start menu and then Control Panel.
- Move to Hardware and Sound Section.
- Click Add a device tab on the top.
- The wizard screen would give you a number of options that you can use in order to make connectivity between both the desired devices. A number of devices over on the shared networks would be displayed automatically to select from.
- Select your desired device and move ahead through the wizard.
There are instances where you might not have the desired device on the network displayed in the wizard. In that case, you need to make sure that your firewall settings are not blocking it. Devices on network take some time in order to be discovered so make sure that you are not doing it all fast enough.