In today’s supersonic age, quick and effective communication is the key to success. Various options of sending streams of data are available to us, such as wireless technological devices like Bluetooth, Internet, USB, etc.
Through a Bluetooth network one can transfer and receive data, but only in a limited range. This network cannot be used in isolation; it requires the presence of devices like cell phones or laptops to send and receive signals.
Advantage of a Bluetooth network
Transfer of data via Bluetooth network is one of the safest methods to exchange data. Other methods like USB, CDs, floppy disk etc. have the danger of being corrupted or/and carrying viruses.
Ways of searching a Bluetooth network
The facility of Bluetooth can only be enjoyed if your cell phone or laptop has a built-in mechanism to allow you to use it.
Usage through cell phones
Almost all cell phones come with a built-in Bluetooth facility. Through this network one can send any number of songs, pictures and other kinds of data. Steps for usage are:
- The primary step is, to know whether your mobile phone is enabled to establish a Bluetooth connection with other devices. To find this, one has to go to either the “Settings” section or “Connectivity” section in the menu.
- Once you find the “Bluetooth” option present in any of the sections, just switch on the Bluetooth network by clicking on the icon.
- Once the network is activated, streams of all kinds of data can be transferred. Just select the data you wish to send and click on “Options”. Click on the send icon and you will be asked to choose “via MMS” or “via Bluetooth”. Once you choose the second option, the system will automatically search for other devices open to receive data.
- All the devices present at that time will be flashed on your screen. You have to select the receiver and click on “Send”. At the click of “Send”, the data will be transferred to the recipient in a span of few seconds.
- Once the data is sent, a confirmation appears on both; the sender’s and the recipient’s screen, assuring successful transfer.
Usage through Laptops
The primary step to activate Bluetooth network in laptops, is first to find out whether the laptop has a built-in Bluetooth facility. If is doesn’t, a USB Bluetooth adapter can be used to transfer data through this medium. For the users of USB, scanning the access areas is vital, in order to protect the laptop from virus attack.
Bluetooth network can be easily activated on a network. This is done by clicking on the “Bluetooth” icon on the screen.Users of Bluetooth network through a laptop are susceptible to virus attacks. While your connection is “On” many other users can try to send you corrupted or infected files, which once opened can damage your system. To avoid such an occurrence one can should put a security password for transfer or receipt of any type of data. Once the Bluetooth network is activated, “scan for devices” should be enabled. This will flash all Bluetooth enabled devices in your range. You can select your recipient and the file to be sent.
Different Bluetooth scanners follow different methods for connectivity. To know the detailed procedure your device requires you to follow, you should read the instructions manual or browse through the “help” option available.