There are instances when you can’t move to the power saving mode of your computer. There are even instances that do not allow you to hibernate your system. Other common issues that might persist with your system are a very slow start up process or a super slow shut down with screens holding the monitor for quite long durations. These are usually because of errors and issues that might not be visible to you but would be running somewhere in the background. These would interfere with the power settings of your Operating System.
Checking for issues
In case you think that you computer is responding slow when you shut it down or even move to the power saving mode, there are chances that some program or hardware driver would be hindering it. To check for issues that are being recorded by your system against all your requests, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Click Start menu, and Control Panel.
- In the search box at the top of the window, search for Performance Information and Tools.
- Click Performance Information and Tools displayed in the search results.
- On the Welcome Screen, you would come up with a link to Advanced Tools in the left pane. Click on the link.
- The Advanced Tools would give you with Performance Issues under a complete section, click on each issue for details on the subject.
Managing Start up programs
Most of the time, the slow start up is because of a high resource demanding application that is running at instance while your operating system is loading completely into the memory. Such applications make your system very slow while it is starting up by sucking all the resources available distributed in the process. There are two ways to eradicate this issue:
- Manage your startup programs the best you can do while your application is causing a slow start up is to manage the start up programs and remove the application causing the issue. This would not start the application automatically instead you can start the application once you need it.
- Seek for updates Sometimes the software version needs to be updated for the removal of bugs that exist in them. You can always look out for updates from the manufacturer’s website making sure that your software is in perfect tone. This would resolve all possible issues that your application has with the Windows’ start up.
Managing Programs at shut down
These are cases when the programs prevent the shutting down of your system or might make it extremely slow. Here again, you can follow the two instructions below:
- Kill the process before shut down: Once you decide to shut down your system, you can always kill the process or close it properly before you shut down, this would make sure that the program no longer disturbs the shut down process of your operating system.
- Seek for updates: You can always seek for updates against your software to make sure that it is free from all the bugs and supports all the operating systems. The best place to check for such information is the manufacturer’s website.
Following these steps would certainly help you get rid of many issues in your system and make it run faster and the way you want.