There is no doubt that Microsoft Office has been providing excellent products to its users from all around the world. One can even not point out a single error or flaw in Microsoft Office 2007 and the suite has been an excellent one for many office jobs. Microsoft Access 2007 being a part of the Office suite provides you with multiple functions and the scope of the database management has been made a lot easier.
MS Access 2007 and Workgroup
You can set up a file with the information about the users in a workgroup while using Microsoft Access 2007. This file can be created when you make a Microsoft Access Database File (.mdb) using Microsoft Access 2007. This file is known as workgroup information file and it contains all the information about the users in a specific workgroup. Multiple users are able to share all or a specific type of data with each other in an environment which is commonly known as a Workgroup. With the help of Workgroup Administrator tool in Microsoft Access 2007 you can easily join a workgroup. Once you have joined the desired workgroup, you are allowed to work in collaboration with other users in the same workgroup to collectively make changes in the database. Joining a workgroup in MS Access 2007 is not a difficult task at all and can be done with a little guidance.
To join Workgroup in MS Access 2007, follow these instructions:
- From your computer, open the application of “Microsoft Access 2007”. In the opened window, select the “Microsoft Office” button and select the “Open” option from the menu. This will open a dialogue box from where you can open the database file which you need.
- Locate and select the desired database file from the dialogue box and click the “Open” button. Once you have opened the database file press the “Control” and “G” keys within the database. This will open an “Immediate” window. In the “Command line” type the following command with help of your keyboard:“DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWorkgroupAdministrator”.
- When you have entered the complete command in the command line, click on the Enter button. A new dialogue box with the heading “Workgroup Administrator” will open. Click the “Join” button in this box.
- From the next menu, click on the “Browse” button and select the C: drive folder. In C: drive, select the “Program Files” folder and from this folder select on the “Common Files” folder.
- Inside this folder click on the “System” folder and click on the file with the following name “System.mdw”. This is the file which contains the system information for the Access 2007 database. Select the file and click on the “Open” button.
- After doing this, you will come back to the “Workgroup Administrator” dialog box. In this windows click on the “Exit” button.
These steps followed will make sure that you get your Microsoft Access connected to the workgroup and the information sharing can be done a lot easier.