An average computer user comes across different types of hardware throughout his life. . . Development in hardware varies from time to time. Some undergo rigorous development in order to become user friendly while others become obsolete. Once you start using your device, you install drivers and essential information about them in order to make sure that they interact with your machine in the perfect way. The best way to ensure that for longer duration is to avail the automatic update feature within Windows 7 that would make the driver and information updated.
The driver is software that enables a connection between users and the hardware so that you use it appropriately and get the best out of the hardware. The hardware that you use without drivers would either not work properly or they won’t work at all. The device manufacturers usually give you the set of drivers to be used for different hardware. You can still use the update feature to make sure that your drivers are new and better in performance.
Information consists of other information that might be involved in order to make a better interaction by enabling you understand the complete features that it renders. The product details are all updated in order to help you get additional information about them all the time.
How to opt for automatic updates
The first thing that you might need to do is to install a device driver using automatic updates to make sure that your system is receiving updates from the Microsoft’s portal in order to keep everything updated and in perfect harmony. You can do so by following these steps:
- Click Start, Devices and Printers. You can also find this in the Control Panel.
- Right click on the name of your computer and select Device Installation Settings.
- Click on Yes, do this automatically and save changes before exiting.
This would check online updates for every hardware addition that you make.
Turn on Automatic Windows update to make sure that you are receiving all important updates from the online world. This can easily be done in the security section of Control Panel.
Installation of updates
Though the computer options have been set to automatic checking for updates, you are still suggested to attempt to check for updates periodically as to make sure that the feature is working fine. You can do so by following the instructions below:
- Click Start and write “update” search box. You would be given with Window Update in the search result.
- On the landing window, select Check for updates.
- The system will check for all the available updates and would display them in front of you to make the selection.
- Select the updates you wish to install from the available options and move to the next page.
- The windows update page would prompt you again to Install updates. Once you make the selection, your system would automatically install updates.
There are some cases where windows is not able to find the updates for your device, in that case, the best you can do is to go the developer’s website and search for possible drivers. This would certainly get you with updated drivers that would be supported by your copy of Windows 7.