Sometimes we experience that our web browser responds very slowly. There are a lot of reasons which can cause this problem. We can analyze to see why the Windows Internet Explorer is running slowly. We can check each aspect one by one in order to resolve this problem. We will look at and discuss five methods in order to solve this issue.
- Windows Internet Explorer might be slow due to the old version installed on your computer. If you are using the old version of Windows Internet explorer on your computer, then it is possible that you windows Internet explorer will respond slowly. In order to upgrade your windows Internet explorer you can visit the official web site of Microsoft. Updated versions of Windows Internet explorer are available there. You can just download and install the new version in your computer. We highly recommend you to always use the up-to-date software.
- Secondly you can reset you windows Internet explorer. When you reset the windows Internet explorer it returns to its state when it was installed first time on your computer. This method is useful for troubleshooting the problem occurred after installation. When you reset the settings of your windows Internet explorer, all the cookies, form data and previous password do not work properly. However it does not delete your favorites and some other personalized web pages. This is an advantage as you are able to reset to the original settings, but all the important and relevant aspects that you have saved will not be deleted.
- If the problem persists there then you can try the third method. You should check if there is any problem with your Internet connection. As Internet connection depends upon your service provider. You can contact your service provider in order to resolve this problem. This can also be caused by some viruses or spywares if they are present in your computer. It is also possible that your browser response becomes slow if there is high traffic on the web page which that you want to visit. Using the latest versions can even overcome the problem of increased traffic.
- You can install some add-ons in your windows Internet explorer 8 in order to enhance your online experience. These add-ons can also interfere or create a conflict with the other software installed on your computer. You should try to start the windows Internet explorer without add-ons in order to find if these are creating the problem. After disabling the add-ons if you find that your problem has been solved you can use Manage Add-ons in order to use the particular add-ons. Manage add-on tools allow us to find out which add –on was causing the problem.
- You can also run Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool in your computer to fix the problem of slow response from your windows Internet explorer. As you scan your computer on a regular basis, the speed of your browser will increase due to the removal of all the unnecessary malware from your computer.
In spite of all these methods of troubleshooting, if your browser is still slow, then you have to try and get your computer repaired by a professional.