In this article you will learn to make and utilize a password reorganize disk on a computer not linked to a network. If you forget your password, you can employ this password to reorganize disk to get admittance to your Microsoft windows XP.
For your local user account you can use one of the following methods to make a password reorganize disk:
- This method requires one formatted and blank floppy disk.
- Using an account of computer administrator
Follow these steps to make a password reorganize disk, if you have logged on to your computer by using an administrator account:
- First click on Start, and then on Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts in the Control panel.
- Click on the account you want to work in the User Accounts.
- Click on Prevent an elapsed password under Related Tasks, and then click on next.
- Do not forget to insert formatted and blank disk in disk A, and click Next.
- Type password for user account that was chosen in step 3, under current user account password.
If you do not have the password, do not register the password in the password box of the present user account. Forgotten Password wizard makes the disk.
- Click on Next when Progress bar touches the 100 per cent mark and then click Finish.
- Finally remove and label the password reorganize disk.
Using a limited account:
Follow these steps to make a password reorganize disk for user account, if you have logged on to the computer using a limited account.
- First click Start, and click Control Panel.
- Click on the User Accounts falling under “Pick a category”.
- Click on “prevent forgotten password” under Related Tasks to start Wizard for Forgotten Password.
- Then click on Next.
- Do not forget to insert formatted and blank disk in disk A, and click on Next.
- Enter your password in the password box of the Current user account, and then click on Next.
Do not type a password if your user account does not have that password.
- This Wizard creates the disk. Click Next when the progress bar reaches 100%. Keep the disk safely.
How to log on to a computer by using a password reorganize disk
You can log on by applying the new password that is created by you using the Password Reorganize Wizard.
- Type the password in the box that appears on the XP logon screen. Press Enter. You will receive the error message to retrieve your password or you can use your password reorganize disk.
- The Password Reorganize Wizard starts on clicking on the ‘Use your password reorganize disk’ tab. This wizard allows you to create a new password for your account.
- Then click on Next.
- Do not forget to insert blank formatted disk in disk A, and click Next.
- Then enter the new password in the “Type a new password” box.
- Enter the same password in the box and confirm.
- Type a hint in “Type a new password hint” box.
- Finally click on Next and then Stop. You return to the logon screen of Windows XP
- You can type the new password and log on to your computer.
You cannot make use of the password reorganize disk to reorganize the password on another computer. The password reorganize disk contains sensitive information.