Intel is always is known for its good quality processors. It has become synonymous with top processors in the recent past. Although there are only few players in the market, no one can replace the position of Intel. The all new Intel Pentium D is the newer version of Intel’s product that is targeted towards its loyal customers. The new Intel Pentium D 930 was shrivelled down to the 65nm process and this has resulted in the higher over clocking headroom.
What happens when a computer faces over clocking problems?
If a computer faces over clocking problems then it is highly dangerous. It is always better to stop that action of over clocking. This is because the problem moves beyond the safety regulations lines that Intel has prescribed to its users. It is always better to cool down the system. This can be done through various external factors. This is highly essential for a product which has past its warranty period.
Steps to follow to overcome this problem!
So it is better to know the steps on how to over clock an Intel Pentium D930 processor properly.
1. Create backups of your important files. This is the initial step that everyone needs to do when they work with your computer. There are good chances of losing data when you try to work with it.
2. Enter the BIOS of the computer and this can be done by rebooting the system. Use the manual to check in how to move to BIOS.
3. Move to the Over clock Features of FSB Frequency in the BIOS menu. This can be done by moving to the clock settings. The BIOS has the broader tree settings called Frequency settings under which one can find the Clock settings. One can move to the frequency setting under the BIOS menu using the arrow keys. Use up and down arrow keys to make sure that you move to your desired location in the BIOS menu.
4. Now it’s time to find the “FSB, Clock or Frequency” option in the Over clock Features of FSB Frequency page of the BIOS.
5. Once you find that, you would see that the default value that as 200 MHz. These settings are made by the company itself.
6. Move the pointer there and press enter.
7. Now you would be given an option of changing the value present there.
8. Change the value from 3 to 5Mhz. Make sure that you do not give any other value in here. Many people do a typo error in this case. Care should be taken not to enter any other characters in the text box provided.
9. Now, save the settings. If this is not done then the changes made in the BIOS will not get reflected to the systems performance. This can be done by pressing F10.
10. Now, one can repeat the process until the system reboots in the normal way and until you can login to windows normally.
Overcoming the over clocking problems is thus made easy. Follow the steps mentioned above and there is no way your computer will face this problem again. Although the steps involve a little technicality, it is better to follow the above mentioned protocols to make sure that your computer is safe.