Microsoft Exchange is a very important tool in organizations since it is used to configure and maintain the company server or the whole network of different servers. However in the cases of its removal some important points should be kept in mind.
So before you begin the process please check the following guidelines.
- You must have the Microsoft exchange Server 2003 CD or the executable files with you before starting the process.
- For removing Microsoft Exchange you must have all the Administrator rights for the system. Or else the computer will not allow any changes relating to the software.
- In case of any mailboxes that are configured on the server, you must either delete them or move them to a location where it can be successfully saved. If this precaution is not paid head than you will not be able to uninstall Microsoft Exchange.
- If there is only one server for the whole organization then you must check that Recipient Update Service is not running on the server otherwise uninstallation will not be possible. You must have another system so that Recipient Update Service can be configured there.
- Similarly the server will not allow you to uninstall Microsoft Exchange if it is the only system that is running the Site Replication Service.
- There is an option of making one of the servers a bridge head server for the other servers. Any bridge head server in the network cannot be installed straightaway. You must create a new bridge head for the network.
- If the exchange server exists in two independent networks then you must have high level administrative rights for both the systems, before uninstalling Microsoft exchange. If the rights are not proper then removal of the software is not possible.
If these guidelines are taken care of then you can move on to uninstalling the software for the system.
Steps for removal:
- Turn on the server and login on the system of which you want to uninstall Microsoft Exchange.
- Click on start and then go to Control Panel.
- Once there open Add and Remove programs.
- In the drop down list select Microsoft Exchange and start to uninstall the software.
- The uninstallation wizard will appear and select the memory address location and then click on next.
- The wizard will then guide to the different uninstallation process.
- The process can take some time because of the enormity o the software.
- After the uninstallation is complete click on finish and then you are done.
Although the process is simple, it’s the guidelines that need to be kept in mind because most people find uninstalling software of this magnitude a daunting task. But you have taken every precaution and followed the rules properly then uninstalling the program will not be a big issue.