A troubleshooting option available in a Windows system, the start mode helps you start your computer but in a very restricted state. It allows you to start your computer with only a few basic files and also drivers which are needed for the Windows to run successfully. Your usage gets restricted once you start your computer in the safe mode. The startup programs in the most common situations don’t run successfully in the safe mode. Generally, the safe mode proves to be a very useful system for all types of troubleshooting issues related to the drivers and programs which cause the Windows to not start correctly. Also, if the problem fails to appear on the screen as you turn on the safe mode, you have the chance to eliminate the scheduled default settings along with the other basic device drivers which probably may be the cause for the starting issue. There are also chances that a newly installed program in your computer prevents the Windows from starting normally. In such situations, you can easily start the computer in its safe mode and later delete the particular program. Well, in case if you are not aware of how to start your computer in its safe mode then simply follow procedure mentioned below.
1. If you have any CD, floppy disk, DVD, etc. inserted into your computer, simply remove it from your computer. Now try to restart your computer again.Click on to the Start button in your computer and then click on the arrow located right next to the Shut Down button. Here click on Restart.
2. Select one of the given options:
- In case your computer has just one single OS installed in it, then press F8 and hold it for sometime while your computer restarts. The F8 key should be pressed before the Windows logo appears onto your computer screen. However, if the windows logo appears before you press F8, then you will have to try it all over again until you are finally prompted by Windows logon message. Now shut down and then again restart the computer.
- In case your computer is installed with more than one OS, then make use of the arrow keys to simply highlight the particular operating system which needs to be started in the safe mode. Now press the F8 keys.
3. As the Advanced Boot Options screen appears, highlight the safe mode using the arrow keys for the option you wish to select. Now press Enter.
4. Finally, log onto your computer using the user account with the administrator rights.
Just as your computer starts in the Safe Mode, you will notice these words, Safe Mode written in one of the corners of your computer monitor. Well, in order to simply exit this safe mode, you will have to restart your computer and then let it start normally.In this way, you can start your computer in the safe mode easily and then take up your backup or follow any process based on the requirements.