As Shakespeare rightly said, “A picture is worth a thousand words”. Each one of us has many photographs in our kitty of memoirs. The pictures take you back in time and help you relive the beautiful memories. Gone are the days of storing picture albums in our house. In this age of digitalization everything is compact and easy. Now thousands of pictures can be stored in a small memory card or hard disk of the computer, camera or for that matter, a mobile phone. All of these devices have a limited memory. If you continue storing unnecessary stuff in them, then sooner or later you will exhaust the memory of the device.
How to find a particular picture from amongst the whole lot?
For those who have clicked more than a thousand pictures, it is difficult to locate them amongst others. Managing so many pictures is a Herculean task, if your device’s memory is nearing its end. Many people create different folders for different occasions in order to sort out the pictures. But what if there are more than hundred photographs in each folder, how does one locate the one he wishes to find?
Finding a single picture or a group of them from a highly mismanaged pictures folder is as difficult as “Finding a nail sipping in the ocean”.
Tagging the pictures
To sort out hordes of images and to manage the pictures properly in your devices, you can tag the pictures. Tagging the pictures will help you find the images quickly when needed.
Method of tagging the pictures
After giving you a way out for finding pictures by tagging them, now we give you a brief on the manner in which the pictures can be tagged on your computer:
- First of all assemble all pictures in the “Pictures” folder of your computer. Many people create different folders in various drives to store the pictures. For the purpose of tagging the pictures you have to bring all of them under a single roof.
- Click on the “Start” menu and open the “Picture” section in it.
- Now, open the “Picture library” in this section.
- Find the pictures to be tagged. After locating, click them open. If you wish to tag more than one picture with the same tag you can do so. Push and continue holding the Ctrl key, now select all the pictures you wish to tag under a similar caption.
- A “Details” window will appear on the screen. You will have to find “Tags” section in it. Once located click on the “Add a tag” option. Give the picture a tag in such a way that whenever you think of this picture the tag word immediately crops up in your mind. Proper tags have to be selected for the picture to ensure that you do not forget the tags itself.
- Clicking on the “Save” icon will store the tag for the picture/s.
- At times “Details” window does not appear on your screen. In that case you can find this panel in the “Layout” section located in “Organize” menu.
You can be creative with your tags and might as well rate them. Many people rate the pictures as one star or five star just to add a fun element to the mundane tags.
As we mentioned earlier that you have to use easy to memorize tags. You can use more than one tag for a single picture by separating tags with a semicolon.
The best time to tag a picture is when you are receiving them from your camera or mobile phones. By tagging the pictures at this time you say yourself duplication of work.
Whenever you wish to find a particular picture just enter its tag in the search box and you will locate it!