Jump List basically a new feature, a new word in Microsoft Windows 7. Windows 7 introduces a new taskbar and start menu with the jump list which indicates the current open files and programs. Jump list is basically used to perform the common operations associated with an application.
Uses of Jump List
1. Jump List is used to perform the common associates with an applications
2. Use jump list for open items and programs.
3. Jump List feature is glorified My Recent Documents menu.
4. If you want to perform your programs easily then use jump list features.
5. You can add your favorites’ to the Jump List for getting the items quickly.
6. Jump List feature can very easily trace its origins to the Recent Documents feature.
7. You can called jump list as an application-specific start menu.
8. Jump List also contains the application’s shortcut.
9. Jump List shows the ability to toggle pinning.
10. Jump List can close one or all windows.
11. It can access to specific tasks which is associated with the applications.
12. On the taskbar, Jump List indicates those programs which you’ve pinned to the taskbar and the currently running programs.
13. On the start menu, Jump List indicates those programs which you’ve pinned to the start menu and the currently running programs.
Jump List on the start menu appears a little different from jump list on the taskbar, but they perform the same function. Jump List will appear on the Taskbar for the programs which you’ve indicated in the taskbar and for those programs which are currently running. Jump List will appear on the start menu for the programs which you’ve indicated in the start menu and for those programs which are currently open.
Jump Lists can indicate recently opened items, frequently opened items, tasks, or websites, or any items that you’ve pinned. On the Taskbar, if you indicate an item to a program’s jump list, the items also shows in that programs jump list on the start menu.
For the Start Menu.
At first click on the start menu, then select the program in the start menu pin area, and there has an arrow to the right of the pin area. It indicates the Jump List. Now you have to clock on left and hold on the program and drag the program to the right of the arrow to the jump list.
For the Taskbar
At first right click the programs button on the taskbar and open the programs jump list and click the items. Now open the program’s Jump List and points the particular items, after that, click on the pushpin icon and click pin to the list.
If you want to unpin the items then first open the program’s jump list and then indicate the items which one you want to unpin, and then click the pushpin icon and click unpin from the list. Jump list can be found on the application icons which is appear on the taskbar. It is basically found on the running applications or on the recently opened start menu programs section. And it is also be found on the applications which have been specifically pinned to the taskbar or start menu.
You can call Jump Lists as a mini start menu for the application. You can use the jump list to open the frequently visited website, opened files, favorite programs very easily. It helps to performing the common tasks without opening the programs first. You can pin the most frequently visited programs and files on the taskbar and start menu, you can open them from the same place every time for easier access.