The leading manufacturers of the smartphones like Nokia and others oriented companies are now aided with the Microsoft Office Applications. The award-winning Quickoffice Premier is the only mobile solution available to View, Edit & Create native Microsoft Office 2007 documents on S60 3rd and 5th Edition devices. Unlock the full potential of your Smartphone and turn your device into a powerful mobile office. Document integrity is preserved with no data loss, so you can confidently edit and exchange Office files between your Smartphone and desktop. Quickoffice Premier is the essential office productivity application for mobile professionals, business, education and individuals.
The Symbian Platform Issue
The Symbian platform is by far the best platform to develop the mobile application and already there are tons of applications in the cyber world. The Nokia phones are basically based on the Symbian platform and the therefore requires a complete new approach for the development of the related applications. Already the Quickoffice has done a lot of development in this field and now finally Microsoft comes to the forefront to develop all the rest of the unfinished development.
The Allied Features
- NEW! Symbian S60 5th Edition devices such as Nokia 5800 XpressMusic, Nokia N97, and Samsung i8910 Omnia HD are fully supported for both editing and viewing.
- NEW! Language support for French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
- View & Edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint attachments on your device.
- Create & Save new Word, Excel and PowerPoint files on your device.
- Retain file formats with no data loss.
- Easy, intuitive desktop look and feel.
- Advanced folder and file management capabilities.
- Support for complex formulas.
- Complete graphical editing.
- Advanced editing of text, lists, tables, style, and formatting.
- Free spell check dictionaries in multiple languages.
- Add images to Word and PowerPoint.
- Advanced email integration with Mail for Exchange.
- Microsoft Office version support: 97, 2000, XP, 2003, & 2007
- Compatible with all Symbian S60 3rd Edition and 5th Edition Devices
- Symbian Certified
The Development that can be done personally
Installing the SCOAB is easy. You download a Windows MSI file and install it by double-clicking on the file. After installation, there will be a number of new folders in your Program Files folder (in my case, all were under C:Program FilesMicrosoft Application Blocks for .NetOffline). In the QuickStarts folder under the Offline folder, you will find a number of quick start project folders a couple of levels down. I first opened and tested the ConnectionManagementQuickStart project, and it compiled and worked immediately. There are also links to the various examples in the Program menu, under Microsoft Application Blocks for .NET program group.
The digital age has brought about such changes that have lead to the development of all the PC application on the mobile. In this revolution for development Microsoft too lends a helping hand in making the Office suite possible for the mobile devices.