So what if you are an executive who checks mails through Outlook and carries an iPhone, any technology can be synchronized today.
With the advancement of technology there are several options available to synchronize your iPhone. You have alternatives to manage your emails or to plan your year via calendar. You can now access latest technology to do all these tasks for you. But sometimes you land up using two different technologies that makes things difficult for you as they don’t synchronize. Let’s talk about one such example here.
For past many years business executives have been using the Outlook offline mail services from Microsoft to manage their mails. As executives got busier, Outlook also provided calendar services along with the mail service so that people could get all at one stop. Same thing happened with another major email giant Google. This email account vendor too provided lots of calendar facilities and empowering its users with planner features, etc. Google also provided its own offline mail client like Outlook called Google Offline.
Now here comes iPhone in the market, keeping itself at par with all other business and even non-business cell phones. Obviously, as iPhone is from the house of Apple, different from Google and Microsoft, synchronizing jolts were bound to happen. Users found difficulty in synchronizing their iPhone with their Outlook or Google Calendar. But nothing is lost nor is your choice wrong. We will help you synchronize both of them.
Let us start with synchronizing Outlook calendar.
- First of all make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes installed in your machine. If not do upgrade it.
- Now, connect your iPhone with the computer using the cable provided along with the phone and start the iTunes.
- After you’ve selected the iPhone from the list go to ‘info’ tab in the window and there you will see an option called ‘Sync Outlook Calendars’. Click on it and press apply at the right-bottom of the screen and there you go. Your phone will now be synchronized with your Outlook calendar from now onwards.
If you are using Gmail’s service and not Outlook, there are a few different steps to be followed. But you too can get your iPhone synchronized with your computer. All you will need is the iCal application in this case. Take a look at the steps mentioned below:
- Once you are signed in your Gmail account, at the top left corner you will see tabs. Click on the ‘calendar’ tab and select the calendar you want to sync with your phone from the drop down list available at the left hand side.
- Now, from ‘Calendar details’ tab scroll down to ‘Private Address’. Now there will be a green button called ‘ICAL’. Clicking on that button will give you a new window which will have a URL along with the private address of your calendar.
- This address should be kept confidential as it can give anyone the direct access to your calendar. Copy that URL and keep it in the clipboard.
- Now launch the iCal application and click ‘subscribe’ from Calendar in the top menu. Paste the URL which you had copied and click on ‘Subscribe’.
- By doing so it will synchronize your iPhone with your Google calendar. Only thing which remains now is filling up the details. An information window will show up and it will ask you to fill in all details.
- Fill in name and description and other import details, etc. All are simple details and you can easily navigate through them by setting them as per your choice.
- You can set the auto-refresh frequency from the drop down box, to update the iCal along with the Google Calendar.
- So next time you sync your iPhone, also your Calendar will be synchronized.
So, no matter what technology, what gadgets you use for business, at home or where ever, you can always have solutions out for seamless operation between different technologies.