With the price tag looming around $200-400, Samsung has rolled out its Galaxy Tab to put up a stiff competition to Apples iPad. It’s almost as if Samsung increased the screen size of its Galaxy Smartphone and encompassed all the details in terms of application and navigation to that of the Galaxy Tab. However the Galaxy Tab seeks to plug in the holes of the Apple iPad in terms of have flash, a 3MP camera and a 1.6 Hz processor which is enough to cater to more Apps.
With the versatility of having an Android OS Samsung Galaxy caters to wide range of Apps including the augmented reality Layar App. Apart from the custom built Apps that users can install, the Galaxy Tab includes and in-built e-reader.
- Network: HSUPA 5.76/HSDPA 7.2Mbps 900/1900/2100 EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 WiFi a/b/g/n, BT3.0, DLNA
- Dimension: 19.09X 188.8.131.52mm (380g)
- Display: 7.0 inch WSVGA (1024X600) TFT
- Operating System: Androoid 2.2 (Froyo)
- Samung Apps/ Android Market: Various applications downloadable
- Social Hub: SNS, e-mail, IM and calendar accounts, Integrated Calendar
- Android Samsung UI: Multiple Homescreens, Hybrid Widgets
- Processor: 1.06Hz Application Processor with PowerVR SGX540
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Camera: 3.0 MP with LED flash
- Video: Full HD (1080p) Video Player and Recorder (720x 480) @30 fps
- Memory: 16GB/32GB+ MicroSD (Up to 32GB)
- LBS: Google maps, Lattitude, Places, Google Maps TM Navigation (Beta)