If reports are to be believed, there is something big planned under the T-Mobile portfolio for June 19 as it will reportedly be opening up its stores as early as 8 am (local time) that day. Speculations are on that this “something Big” is most probably the launch of its Samsung Galaxy S. While the release date for myTouch 3G Slide has been announced to be on June 2, the company maintains the mystery around the launch date of Samsung Galaxy S.
Samsung Galaxy S is expected to be powered by 1 GHz Hummingbird processor. Apart from this, the device will have an integrated PowerVR SGX540 GPU, along with an ecosystem optimized specially for high definition videos (much like HTC’s HD2). A few other features supported by the new Samsung Galaxy S are:
- AMOLED touch-screen, 4 inch wide, which is supported by mDNIe technology. The resolution is expected to be 800×480 pixels, what with WVGA installation.
- Samsung Galaxy Sports Android 2.1. Android 2.1 has rocked the market since its launch two months back. Now Samsung Galaxy S is all set to blind the market with the latest version of Android.
- Samsung Galaxy Sharing via DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance). This allows the smartphone user to easily gain access to another person using DLNA-enabled devices such as cameras, notebooks or HDTVs.
- Samsung Galaxy S comes with the new Swype software keyboard, as have been other devices featuring Android.
- Samsung Galaxy S ensures that you stay connected with your family and friends through most of the social networking and email plugs installed within the smartphone. – – Along with Social Hub plug-ins, the device also offers wireless integration with other devices through the DLNA technology as explained above.
- Samsung Galaxy S will be able to shoot 720p HD videos with its 5-megapixel camera. Along with this, the smartphone also offers a VGA web camera. The camera comes with features such as self shot, action shot, auto focus, stop motion, add me, panorama shot, cartoon shot and smile shot.
- Most of the audio and video formats are compatible with and supported by the Samsung Galaxy S such as MP3G4, H.263Sorenson, and VC-1 video codecs, H.264, WMV (ASF), H.263, 3GP (MP4), MKV, AVI (DivX), FLV, MP3, WMA, AMR-NB, AAC, MID, AAC+, AC3, eAAC+, IMY, XMF and FLAC.
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n and USB 2.0 happen to be other facets in terms of smartphone connectivity. Galaxy S also comes with integrated Layar Reality Browser offering augmented reality along with Exchange ActiveSync integration.
It is expected that Samsung Galaxy S will be available in two versions – 8GB and 16 GB, while being further supported by an additional microSD with up to 32 GB memory slot.
While there are speculations with regards to the launch of Samsung Galaxy S, it is clear from the way T-Mobile has been moving up in the year that it is bent on offering only high-end products to its users. With the launch of Samsung Galaxy S, their promise to the users is sure to be fulfilled.